Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

automatically reloading data

Hello guys

I have a question; if the connection is lost and then regained after a couple of minutes, how can I make NT automatically reload the charts so as to avoid a gap data that will impact how the indicators plotted calculate

Cheers

Hello bdsdent,

Thank you for your forum post.

Unfortunately there is not an option by default to automatically refresh the charts after a disconnection. You would need to right mouse click "Reload all historical data" or press CTRL + Shift + R on each chart.

With that being said, this can most likely be accomplished with the use of custom NinjaScript. There are details listed in this forum thread:
    Ryan L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

thanks for your reply.

I am not familiar at all with NT programming so please forgive my ignorance as I couldn't understand the links you provided. However, what I get is that we could create something like "macros" in windows office for example to automatically reload charts every , say 10 minutes or so regardless whether the connection was lost or not.

If that is correct;
      how can I create such macro or custom event.

Cheers
      Last edited by bdsdent; 04-16-2013, 01:56 PM.

Comment

Hello bdsdent,

Yes you are correct in that this process can be automated with the use of a custom script or macro although if creating this outside of NinjaTrader would be unsupported.

With that being said, you can most likely create a custom NinjaScript that would perform this process.

If you would like to learn how to program using NinjaScript, we have Premium Paid Educational events where you will join a NinjaScript expert for a pair of 6-8 hour long intensive courses designed to provide you with an in depth look at programming indicators and automated strategies through the use of NinjaScript:

If you would like to take on learning NinjaScript on your own, we have a fully documented help guide which will help you get started with Ninja Script. You will find language references to all of the methods and functions you will be using. You will also see a tutorial section which will help you create your first indicator and get you started with some of these concepts.
        A link to our Help Guide can be found below:

I am also linking you to the Educational Resources section of the Help Guide to help you get started with NinjaScript:

We also have great resources in relation to Indicator Development on our Support Forum. There is a very active developer community in our support forum that supplements the responses provided by NinjaTrader support staff providing all users with an exceptional support experience.

You will find Reference Samples online as well as some Tips and Tricks for both indicators and strategies:

These samples can be downloaded, installed and modified from NinjaTrader and hopefully serve as a good base for your custom works.
        There is a also a growing library of user submitted custom indicators (100+) that can be downloaded from our support form. Please look in the NinjaScript File Sharing section of our support forum as you may find what you are looking for there.
        If you have limited time or programming capabilities, you can discuss your requirements with any of our certified NinjaScript consultants.

I will leave the thread open for other users to provide any further input.
        Ryan L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by ZenCortexCLICK, Today, 04:58 AM
        0 responses
        1 view
        0 likes
        Last Post ZenCortexCLICK  
        Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
        172 responses