Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MarketReplay overrides the RollOver database

Hi there,

I have been losing my RollOver database numerous times over the past 9 months, and I finally identified one way this is happening!

I have 10 years historical data on CL, and I created a correct RollOver database (dates and offsets) that I entered manually.

I have about 1year 1/2 of MarketReplay data for CL.

Every time I start MarketReplay for CL, my RollOver database gets overwritten, and in the process some offset values are simply reset to zero.

This is a major issue, IMO.

Regards
    Dominique

Hi Dominique, thanks for the report - that's unfortunately a known limitation, if your rollover date matches the one on the server the offset value would get overwritten by the server stored values. The only workaround would be entering a different rollover date here, so there would be no value to download from.
    This is noted on our product management lists to seek potential enhancement and providing more options for custom management in the future.
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Bertrand,

As far as I can see, it doesn't take downloading new MarketReplay data to screw the RollOver database ... simply starting MarketReplay overwrites that database.

If starting MarketReplay indeed triggers a connection to the server and that stupid overwrite of the database, then may-be you guys could at least ensure your server database for rollovers has offset data.

In this case, for CL, I can say that the Offset is set to ZERO from CL 06-11 to CL 09-08. I know similar problem exist for ES & 6E, I just don't have the contracts impacted at hand.

On the topic of "know limitations", is there an official list for us customers of these "known limitations", so that we could save a lot of time & headaches trying to figure-out this sort of things?

Regards
      Dominique

Comment

Dominique, correct if you license had access to the DataConnection / Servers enabled connecting to replay would trigger the server connection here in your scenario resulting in using those offsets. I will get these 0 offsets checked into, seeing it on my end as well.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Bertrand View Post
          Dominique, correct if you license had access to the DataConnection / Servers enabled ...
          How would I disable that?

Comment

Hi Dominique, could you please email me directly at support at ninjatrader dot com.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by trilliantrader, 04-18-2024, 08:16 AM
            4 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post trilliantrader  
            Started by mgco4you, Today, 09:46 PM
            1 response
            0 likes