Strategy backtests fine, but won't optimize

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strategy backtests fine, but won't optimize

I have been working hard on a strategy, and just when i thought i had everything set, i discovered that although my strategy works when i run it through the backtester, when i run it through the optimizer, i get no results whatsoever on the summary page (0 trades are displayed), but the trades, even in the optimizer, DO show up in the chart, graphs, executions, trades, periods, and orders tabs.

I'm honestly not too sure where to start troubleshooting. I'll attach a screenshot incase my description is unclear. I am experiencing this problem both on my laptop and my desktop.

Any ideas appreciated.

Thanks!
    Attached Files

My initial assumption is that it has something to do with your color inputs.

In the properties section where you serialize your color inputs you can remove these from the properties section by changing the GridCategory

Try changing it to something like
    [GridCategory("Color Settings")]

If this does not resolve the issue could you please attach the script or simplified version that replicates the error so that I may test on my end?

Located in (MY)Documents\NinjaTrader 7\bin\Custom\Strategy

Additionally what type of optimization are you running? Default or Genetic?
    LanceNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks, that might solve it actually. I won't have a chance to try for a few hours, but i'll let you know if it works.

Comment

Removing the colors as inputs has allowed me to see results in the summary tab the first time i click on that tab, but it if i go back to it after viewing the graphs, the summary switches back to all zeros. Also, the optimizer only shows 4 results, despite my 'keep best # results' set to 50 (and changing the parameters so i should have more than 4 results). My code is fairly long, and i couldn't simplify it. Can i email you? Or if you have another suggestion, i could try that in the meantime.

Thanks!

Comment

Hello MrOrange,

You may double check how you are defining your color input with the sample code from the following thread to ensure everything is set.

If everything checks out and you are still experiencing the same thing you may export your strategy and send it to support [at] ninjatrader [dot] com. In the body of the email reference this thread.
          JCNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by GussJ, 03-04-2020, 03:11 PM
          16 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post Leafcutter  
          Started by WHICKED, Today, 12:45 PM
          2 responses
          0 likes