Market replay and testing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Market replay and testing

I watched some youtube videos demonstrated by NT support on how to download and use market replay for practicing.

Questions:
    1) The demonstrator has the screen showing market depth, times of sales, or level 2. My NT charting software is a free one. Does it mean I do not have those features? If I do, could you please advise me how to do that?

2) The control center - order page. Is this the only setup I can try simulated trading?

3) After I tried issuing buy/sell orders using this platform with market replay data, I found some records on my daily charts and my minute chart. Even I close the chart and re-open a new chart, the records are still there. How to remove those records from the charts?

3) Occasionally, I receive NT invitation to webinars to learn NT features. I am working full time and am not able to sign up. Are there videos or link I can go to revisit the lectures? I am more interested in simulated trades with market data.

Thank you.

Hello Benluk,

Thank you for your post.

1.) You do have access to these features in the free version of NinjaTrader. The windows can be created using the File > New menu.

2.) You may use any order entry window in the free version of NinjaTrader.

3.) Please follow the instructions below to disable the plotting of trade executions.
    • Right click in your chart and select the menu "Data Series..."
    • Find the "Plot executions" parameter for each data series and change the value to "DoNotPlot"
    • Press the "OK" button

See here for more information on working with Data Series > How to edit Data Series parameters:

4.) A recording of each of our training sessions is available at our YouTube page: http://www.youtube.com/user/NinjaTraderLLC

If other questions come up please let me know.
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

The information is very helpful.
      The simulated trading is very useful.

Is there any videos or lectures on
      1) dynamic and static superDOM
      2) introduction to NT platform programming
      3) how to interpret emini level II

Comment

Hello Benluk,

1.) More information about the differences between these two versions of the SuperDOM can be found here: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...ice_ladder.htm

2.) An Introduction to Automated Strategy Developmet training session is available at this link: http://youtu.be/SpwGTr9kl9k

3.) For more information about what is displayed in the Level II window, please see this link to our Help Guide: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...7/level_ii.htm
        KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Market replay testing with tick chart

When I use tick chart to test with market replay, the price bars are not displayed proportionally on the chart. If a minute has more activities, I see more price bars jammed in that minute. When a next minute has less activities, there are less price bars in that minute.

Is there a way that the price bars are displayed evenly on the chart?

Comment

Another question:

The tick chart I am using with market replay, is it about the same as Kinetick?

Comment

Hello Benluk,

You may want to make sure that "Equidistant bar spacing" is set to true for your chart by right clicking inside of the chart, and select Properties to have the bars spaced out evenly. Note that if you have more than 1 Data Series on a chart you will not be able to enable this property.

Since, the Market replay is recorded from live data it will be similar to Kinetick yes.
              JCNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Kinetick

Thank you for the response.

I am using IB as broker which does not supplied historical tick data. Kinetick may be a potential solution. I received an email from NT about Kinetick Advantage Webinar. I was not able to attend live session. It said that saving $304 monthly CME exchange fees by using Kinetick data.

I am using IB live feed data. I am not sure if I am paying $304 monthly fees. If I use Kinetick data, I know I can connect it to my free version of NT chart, but I will still use IB for trading. How does I benefit from $304 monthly exchange fees.

Please help me to understand.

Thank you.

Comment

Please ignore my previous question. I found some old emails from Kinetick which explained.
                  Thank you.

Comment

Hi Benluk,

Glad to know that you were able to resolve this issue, and if you wish to confirm the CME waiver, or would like additional information then please send an email to [email protected].

By including your Account ID it would be possible to detail more information related to your account.
                    Ryan O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by Mindset, Yesterday, 02:04 AM
                    1 response
                    0 likes
                    Last Post Mindset
                    by Mindset

Started by agclub, 04-21-2024, 08:57 PM
                    4 responses