Location of historic data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Location of historic data

I am running NT 7.0.1000 12. My OS is windows 7. Currently my historic data is located in the default directory which in my case is c:\users\Dean\my documents\ninja trader 7\db\data. For my personal housekeeping preferences can this directory be located outside of the User directory? Can it for example be cut and pasted as a direct sub directory of C:\? If not cut and paste, is there any other way to accomplish this?? Are there any other changes that would I need to make to my system setup ?? If so what??
    Thank you
    Dean

Hello Dean,

Unfortunately this is not supported. The folders need to remain at their default location.

The db-->data folder you refer does not contain historical data, but Market Replay data. Historical data is saved in the tick, minute and day folders.

The db-->data folder contains folders named per date which in turn contain .ntm and .nt2 files per instrument. You can delete Market Replay data from there while NinjaTrader is shut down.

If the file structure in the "data" folder is changed, it will cause issues. Please make sure the "data" folder only contains folders named per date and no other folders or files.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by f.saeidi, Today, 11:02 AM
    1 response
    0 likes
    Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH  
    Started by geotrades1, Today, 10:02 AM
    4 responses
    0 likes