Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Is there something like a "Mute" command?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there something like a "Mute" command?

Hello

I'm running two automated strategies in parallel, one that produces a couple of signals a day and the other that produces only one signal a day on average. Both trigger visual (arrows on the chart) and acoustic (sound files) alerts when there's an entry signal. Now here's the question: Is there an equivalent to the TV "mute" button within NinjaScript? I'd like to let both strategies run even while I'm sleeping, but I don't want to be disturbed by the sound alerts of the one that produces a couple of signals a day, only by the other one.

I can of course //comment the part of the code that triggers the sound alert, but I've more than 15 different signals within that strategy which means that this approach is a bit of a hassle.

Thanks for letting me know if there's an easier way.

laocoon, I would unfortunately not be aware of another way than either commenting the call out for the signal in question, or for example pointing to a 'muted' soundfile.
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

That's what I thought, thanks for replying Bertrand.
      The muted soundfile is a creative approach, but it would mean switching between unmuted soundfiles during the day and muted files during the night, so it wouldn't result in a time gain vs commenting the call out.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by laocoon View Post
        Hello

I'm running two automated strategies in parallel, one that produces a couple of signals a day and the other that produces only one signal a day on average. Both trigger visual (arrows on the chart) and acoustic (sound files) alerts when there's an entry signal. Now here's the question: Is there an equivalent to the TV "mute" button within NinjaScript? I'd like to let both strategies run even while I'm sleeping, but I don't want to be disturbed by the sound alerts of the one that produces a couple of signals a day, only by the other one.

I can of course //comment the part of the code that triggers the sound alert, but I've more than 15 different signals within that strategy which means that this approach is a bit of a hassle.

Thanks for letting me know if there's an easier way.
        Just use a "time filter" on the Alert() or PlaySound(), whichever you are using, so that it only sounds between the times that you wish it to sound.

Comment

That's clever, hadn't thought about it that way, thanks a lot koganam!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post jaybedreamin  
          Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
          6 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post DJ888