Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Open multiple charts

Hi,
    I have a list of multiple symbols: "ABC, DEF, GHI, ..." the list is changing on a daily basis and has about 20 symbols in it.
    Is it possible to easily open a new chart for each symbol? Right now my workflow is: File-> New Chart (I made a keyboard shortcut for that) -> Symbol -> Enter -> Enter -> Repeat x 20.
    Can this be less tedious somehow?

Hello,

This would not be possible currently if you want to open an entire list of instruments to unique charts.

The only method I know of to help speed this up, is to add the entire list to a Market Analyzer window. Once it has been added to the market analyzer, you can right click on each symbol and select "Send to chart". However this will default to a 1 minute chart and you would have to reconfigure each chart your preferences.

I will submit this to our development team as a way to help speed up the process of opening multiple charts.
    MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Thank you, and if I may suggest some options:

1. Market Analyzer: Ability to enter multiple symbol [coma or space separated]. I know about the option to populate Instrument List, but that requieres to first create the list, which is a tedious operation by itself.
      2. Market Analyzer: Ability to select multiple rows, then Send to chart.
      3. New Chart dialog: Ability to add multiple symbols in the Symbol box, separated by space or comma.

As a day trader, and I'm sure other traders will confirm this, part of the workflow includes opening chart, examining them, trading directly on them, etc. With the list of symbol usually coming from other sources, like market scans, emails, screeners, etc.

Thanks!

Comment

Sorry for the delay - this feature has been submitted to our development team and is tracked using ID # #1744
        MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Hello,

Is there any update on this feature? I just downloaded the latest NT version today, 7.0.1000.26, and I have the same problem as the benharper, if you try to examine a list of different charts it just becomes quite tedious to keep on doing the same operation repetitively...

Thanks.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for the question.

Unfortunately I don't have a specific status on this if it was accepted or not, this is currently in review with development.

If this is an item in which gets implemented it would be for a future version of NinjaTrader, most likely NinjaTrader 8.

Please let me know if I may be of additional assistance.
            JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by pmachiraju, 11-01-2023, 04:46 AM
            8 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post rehmans
            by rehmans

Started by mattbsea, Today, 05:44 PM
            0 responses