Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IB new version 738 error java.

Hi,

I updated java this morning to version 7.21 and got at the end an error message saying getdefaultbrowser: 2.

I know its nothing to do with NT but while running TWS IB, the login window now refuse to close and i get two windows minimize in task barre. One saying login and the other the TWS window, login wont disappear anymore once logged.

The latest TWS is 738 and we are still running 727.7. Was wondering if we can move to 738 since i dont use NT to trade. Was hoping it could fix that window issue.

It looks like a conflict between older version of TWS and new version of java. Anyone has that problem?

Thanks
    Frank

Hello,

You should be able to connect using 938, however as we have not tested that version, we cannot guarantee any sort of functionality. Should you run into any items related to NinjaTrader and IB on this version, our first step to troubleshoot would be to downgrade to the support 927.

I do not have any an ETA at this time when support for a newer version of TWS will be added.
    MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

In my case, after updating to Java's JRE7 update 21 when I tried to start TWS 927.7 I got the error message, "C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin\javaw.exe The specified path does not exist". This was because the jre7 had loaded into folder jre7 instead of jre6.

I renamed folder jre7 to jre6 and TWS bought it.

Whether or not this creates any other problems remains to be seen.

Regards.

dwt__

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by Aviram Y, Today, 05:29 AM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post Aviram Y  
      Started by quantismo, 04-17-2024, 05:13 PM
      3 responses