Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

specific order of pattern system help

Hello Ninjatrader Team,

How can I tell Ninjatrader to find specific pattern to trade off. for example bar 1: bullish engulfing candle then next bar should have volume higher than 30k and third bar should be a doji. I need it to be in that order, and it should be sequential. to clarify bar 1: happens at 9:05 bar 2: happens at 9:10 and bar 3 happens in 9:15.

You just ask at the third bar.
    So on each bar you ask:
    Is the current bar is a doji and previos bar has volume more than 30K and bar before that was a bullish engulfing candle then enter.

Comment

how would that look like in code?

Comment

Originally posted by wallsteetking View Post
        how would that look like in code?
        Write down the description of each in single line, then code them as you have written.

For example:

Doji: bar open and closes at same price.
        Translation: bool BarIsDoji = Open[0] == Close[0];

etc.

Comment

Sorry but my coding skills are horrible( i am beginner). So I put bool BarIsDoji = Open[0] == Close[0]; inside Initialize().
          What do I put inside OnBarUpdate() to call it....... can you show me an example. thank you

Comment

Hello,

A conditional like this would allow you to check for a doji bar

if(Close[0] == Open[0])
            {
            //we have a doji
            }

If you have never created a strategy before, I would recommend starting with our point and click interface Strategy Wizard.

Please see our Help Guide articles on How to use the Strategy Wizard as well as NinjaScript Strategies. More information on these subjects can be found below:
            Click here for more information on Developing Strategies with the Strategy Wizard
            Click here for a Tutorial on Developing Strategies

I'm also proving a link to a recently recorded 'Automated Strategy Development Webinar' video for you to view at your own convenience: Automated Strategy Development Level 1 - NinjaTrader Training - 3/26/2013

There are a few Sample Automated Strategies which come pre-configured in NinjaTrader that you can use as a starting point. These are found under Tools--> Edit NinjaScript--> Strategy. You will see locked strategies where you can see the details of the code, but you will not be able to edit (you can though always create copies you can later edit via right click > Save as)

We also have some Reference samples online as well as ‘Tips and Tricks’ for both indicators and strategies:
            Click here to see our NinjaScript Reference Samples
            Click here to see our NinjaScript Tips

These samples can be downloaded, installed and modified from NinjaTrader and hopefully serve as a good base for your custom works.
            Lastly, you can attend one of our live Automated Strategy Development Webinars to help you get up to speed on developing strategies:
            http://www.ninjatrader.com/Webinar/A...nt-Level-1.php

We also have Premium Paid Educational events where you will join a NinjaScript expert for a pair of 6-8 hour long intensive courses designed to provide you with in-depth training on how to create, test and deploy fully automated strategies.
            http://www.ninjatrader.com/PremiumEducation.php

If you have limited time or programming capabilities, you can discuss your requirements with any of our certified NinjaScript consultants. Let me know if this is of interest to you.
            LanceNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by ZenCortexCLICK, Today, 04:58 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post ZenCortexCLICK  
            Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
            172 responses
            0 likes