Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gold Charting (Problem Not Fixed) --

Kyle,

I've been trying the normal methods to pull up a Gold Chart, and it is not happening.

I can pull up charts of common things such as IBM & AAPL, and even the Gold ETF "GLD", but, even after combing through the instructions & videos, I am obviously still missing something obvious.

Using the symbols GC, GCM3, ZG, YG, all lead to either Blank Chart Windows, or Error Messages.

Let's try to fix this in a reverse way, which will likely also be a much faster way, because I'm sure you have other, more complex matters that need your attention.

Please just tell me, step by step, exactly what to do to pull up a Gold Chart.

Thank You.

Are you using the contract expiration date for the futures?

Exa: ES needs to be ES 06-13

Originally posted by RR313 View Post
    Kyle,

I've been trying the normal methods to pull up a Gold Chart, and it is not happening.

I can pull up charts of common things such as IBM & AAPL, and even the Gold ETF "GLD", but, even after combing through the instructions & videos, I am obviously still missing something obvious.

Using the symbols GC, GCM3, ZG, YG, all lead to either Blank Chart Windows, or Error Messages.

Let's try to fix this in a reverse way, which will likely also be a much faster way, because I'm sure you have other, more complex matters that need your attention.

Please just tell me, step by step, exactly what to do to pull up a Gold Chart.

Thank You.

Comment

Yes, but nothing happens.

Yes, but nothing happens.

Comment

What version of NinjaTrader are you using? You can check under Help -> About (Example: 7.0.1000.X)

Who are you connected to? This is displayed by green on lower left corner of the Control Center window.

Who is your broker?

What instrument and expiry have you selected?

(For a chart) what interval is selected?

Do you receive an error on screen? Are there errors on the Log tab of the Control Center? If so, what do these errors report?
        LanceNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Responses to Lance --

Lance,

Here are the answers to your questions --

1) - I'm using NinjaTrader 64-bit 7.0.1000.12

2) - Data Provider is Kinetick End-Of-Day.

3) - I don't have a Broker yet. I'm not interested in putting the Cart before the Horse. This is the problem I'm trying to solve, getting the Software to actually work before I begin Trading.

4) - Instrument and Expiry - neither ever exists, because nothing happens, but I am attempting to select June 2013 100 oz. Gold.

5) - No Chart Interval ever exists either, because no Chart ever comes up, but I would like to see mainly Daily Charts, but also Weekly.

6) - Error Messages - 2 different ones -

a) - When I do not include any Expiry, this one appears as both a Dialog Box within the Chart Window, and also in the Log Tab, and says = "Unable to load Historical Data: Unknown Instrument"

b) - When I include an expiry, for example - "GC 06-13", nothing at all happens, and the Error Message appears as a Dialog Box within the Data Series Window, and says = "you need to add at least one Data Series to create a Chart", which is obviously exactly what I'm trying to do.

Comment

Hello,

I wanted to provide you with some useful links with getting started with NinjaTrader

Free Online Training Courses: http://www.ninjatrader.com/webinars.php
            Free Video Library: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...eo_library.htm
            NinjaTrader YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/NinjaTraderLLC
            Help Guide: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...nt7/index.html

If you would like we can setup a remote support call to assist you in getting your chart to load.
            Please send mail to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com and provide us with a phone number and best time/timezone to reach you.
            LanceNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by FrazMann, Today, 11:21 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post FrazMann  
            Started by geddyisodin, Yesterday, 05:20 AM
            8 responses
            0 likes