Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT7 Fails to start

Hello,
    I'm trying to run NT7 on Windows Server 2008 R2, hosted on Amazon EC2, AMD64 instance.
    When running 64-bit version, I'm getting error:
    Unable to connect to database'..NinjaTrader.sdf':ObjectSpaceConnection String is invalid"
    See attached screenshot for exact text.
    Non-64-bit shortcut works ok.
    Any ideas?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by michaelsh; 04-21-2013, 11:07 AM.

NinjaTrader requires various Microsoft components to run, one of which is SQL compact Edition. Currently you may not have SQL Compact Edition or possibly have the incorrect version of SQL Compact Edition installed.

Please follow the below steps to ensure the correct version of SQL Compact Edition is installed on your PC. If you are not entirely comfortable performing the steps below, please send mail to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com and let me know and we can setup a time for a remote support session.
    • Navigate to the Windows Control Panel
    • Add and remove software/programs
    • Uninstall any SQL Compact Editions you see, if none are present you may ignore this step and continue onto the next step
    • Install latest SQL Compact Edition 3.5. SP2 which is available here: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...NU_x64_zip.exe
    • Once you run the downloaded file it will ask you for a directory to extract the installer to. Point this to a temporary directory that you will be able to quickly locate later, such as the desktop
    • Navigate to the aforementioned directory in which the files have been extracted to (there will be two files)
    • SSCERuntime_x86-ENU.msi - Run this one first
    • SSCERuntime_x64-ENU.msi - No need to run this if you are on a 32 bit system, if you are on a 64 bit system you will also need to run this file, if you are not sure if you have a 64 bit system go ahead and run this file. If you are not using a 64 Bit operating system, the installer will cancel itself automatically
    • Follow the installation steps outlined in the installation wizard
    • Once installed you will need to restart your PC
    • You will now be able to launch NinjaTrader 7
    LanceNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks, Lance.
      It worked!

Comment

I'm rebuilding my Windows 7-64 laptop. After installing Office and Visual Studio I have a copy of SQL Server Compact 4.0 SP1 x64 ENU running. After installing NinjaTrader 7.0.1000.13 and trying to launch the 32-bit version, I get the same error above. Running 64-bit is ok. Since I don't have the 32 bit Compact server installed, I downloaded 4.0 SP1 x32 and tried to install it. I got an error saying the 32 bit does not run on a 64 bit system.

So if we are running Win 7-64, do we have to run NT 7 x64? I though that some vendors and data connectors does not support full 64 bit mode yet?

Or do I need to regress back to Compact 3.5 and try to get a 32 bit version running so I can run NT 7 x32?

Comment

On windows 7 64bit you can run the 32 or 64bit version of NinjaTrader

You will need to Install the latest SQL Compact Edition 3.5. You should be able to have version 4 installed as well but I have not confirmed this.

See the post #2 for complete installation instructions
          LanceNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

the link you provide for 3.5 above is wrong - this is a hotfix installer. The correct link is: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downl...s.aspx?id=5783
            In there is says:
            1. To install SQL Server Compact 3.5 SP2, click the SSCERuntime_x86-ENU.msi and/or SSCERuntime_x64-ENU.msi file and follow the setup instructions on the screen.
            On a 64-bit Computer, install both the 32-bit and the 64-bit version of the SQL Server Compact 3.5 SP2 MSI files. Existing SQL Server Compact 3.5 applications may fail if only the 32-bit version of the MSI file is installed on the 64-bit computer. Developers should chain both the 32-bit and the 64-bit MSI files with their applications and install both of them on the 64-bit Computer.

so for 3.5 you need to install both 32 and 64 bit versions.

But for the 4.0 version it is not the same. Check here:

It says:
            The files available for download are the x86 (32-bit) and the x64 (64-bit) installers for installing the SQL Server Compact 4.0 on a 32-bit and a 64-bit Computer respectively
            (SSCERuntime_X86-ENU.exe): (Note that this can be used to install SQL Server Compact on a 32-bit Computer only)
            (SSCERuntime_X64-ENU.exe): (Note that this can be used to install SQL Server Compact on a 64-bit Computer only)
            SQL Server Compact 3.5 and SQL Server Compact 4.0 are installed and work side by side on a desktop. The existing installations of SQL Server Compact 3.5 or SQL Server Compact 3.5 SP1 or SQL Server Compact 3.5 SP2 are not upgraded to SQL Server Compact 4.0 when you install SQL Server Compact 4.0 using the installer.

So if you want to run the NT7 32 bit version on Win 7-64, you must install both 32 and 64 bit versions of Compact 3.5.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by cre8able, Today, 03:20 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post cre8able  
            Started by Fran888, 02-16-2024, 10:48 AM
            3 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post Sam2515