Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using Two Datafeeds in Parallel

Hello

When I'm connected to two datafeeds at the same time (Zen-Fire RT & Kinetick EOD), it would be useful to have a feature where I can choose the datafeed for each new chart I'm opening.

For example, when I launch NinjaTrader, it automatically connects to my primary datafeed (Zen-Fire). When I subsequently connect to Kinetick EOD and open a new chart, there's no menu that lets me choose the datafeed (in this case Kinetick EOD). Is there something I'm missing here or is this a feature that's not supported at this stage?

Thanks

Hello laocoon,

Unfortunately this is not supported. When connected to multiple connections simultaneously in NinjaTrader, you will receive data from the first connected connection on most occassions. Only when the first connection does not support a certain instrument type (stock, futures, forex, index), it will receive data from the second connection. Please see the link below for information when using multiple connections.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for your reply Jason. I had a look at the link you highlighted and tried to recreate Example No. 1 (see below), but without success. I'm using Zen for futures and wanted to create an AAPL EOD chart with Kinetick, but the chart stays empty. Thanks.

Example 1.
      Primary connection = Zen-Fire broker technology
      Secondary connection = Kinetick
      Zen-Fire only supports futures so all futures data would come from that connection, but if you tried to pull stock data NinjaTrader would pull that data from Kinetick since Zen-Fire does not support that instrument type.

Comment

The Kinetick EOD connection only provides historical data and no real-time data. I recommend to connect to Kinetick EOD first and load all historical daily data you need. Subsequently disconnect Kinetick EOD and connect to Zen-Fire.

Comment

Thanks for that Jason. I understand what you're saying and I'll do it no problem, but it is a bit confusing to me nevertheless as the link you posted is suggesting to do just the opposite (I'm aware that Kinetick EOD provides only historical data).

The fact that I can keep two connections running in parallel (as per the example in your link) definitely is of value to me as I can trade futures with my Zen connection and perform various types of analysis on stocks with the Kinetick EOD connection at the same time).

Thanks
          Last edited by laocoon; 04-22-2013, 04:38 AM.

Comment

The example uses a real-time Kinetick connection and not the Kinetick EOD connection.

Comment

Ah OK I see, thanks for clarifying that.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by aussugardefender, Today, 01:07 AM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post aussugardefender  
              Started by pvincent, 06-23-2022, 12:53 PM
              14 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post Nyman