X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two questions about charts

Hi admin,
    I have two questions about chart:

1.Does Ninja support multiple charts to be shown in one screen? The multiple charts maybe same instrument with different timeframes, or different instrument with same timeframes. If yes, what's maximum amount to be supported?

2.I'm using candle chart with no border, meaning outline is transparent, but it brings an issue that all Pinbar/Doji bar etc can not be shown correctly, they have only a line with no open/close price!!! Do you have any walkarounds?

Thanks in advance!

Hello mybzi,

1. Yes, you can put multiple charts on one monitor. You can resize the chart windows to your liking. NinjaTrader does not have a limitation in place on how much charts you can put on one monitor.

2. Unfortunately I am not aware of a workaround. If you set 'Candle outline' to Transparent, you will not see the open and close. You could use the mini data box to see the open and close of such a bar. Please click your middle mouse button on the bar to see OHLC prices.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Jason,
      Thanks for your prompt feedback, it's so fast, I like it!!!

For question1, I have just tried, it's workable but all tiles are horizontal, can I switch to tile vertically or cascade?

Besides, some broker indicates E-mini S&P continuous contract as @ES, but I didn't search it in Ninja's instrument list, I guess it has been shown as ES 06-13 instead, am I right?

Thanks again!

Comment

Unfortunately NinjaTrader does not have such functions itself. However you can tile charts and other windows using the Windows function in the task bar. See the link below.

You can add the continuous ES contract as follows. Go to Control Center-->Tools-->Instrument Manager. Highlight the ES and set Expiry to ##-##. Click the arrow pointing to the left. The ES ##-## is the continuous contract in NinjaTrader.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by AveryFlynn, Today, 04:57 AM
        1 response
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_Erick  
        Started by Max238, Today, 01:28 AM
        4 responses
        0 likes