Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Market Replay Issues

Hi:
    I am having a few operational issues with the Market Replay functionality which I hope you an help me with.

1/ If I look at the database for today (18 Feb), there are no data recorded, but there are for the (17 Feb) - is this an issue with time/date somewhere? My PC clock is running GMT.
    2/ For the data that are being saved, it does not correspond to the data that I have on the charts. This is something that I have seen repeatedly, but has thus far not concerned me since I have not wanted to use the Market Replay functionality in anger until now. For instance, if on my charts I have YM, ES, TICK, TRIN --- in the database I often just see TICK & TRIN. Today for example I have ES, YM being charted, but in the database I also see NQ, ZG, YS.
    3/ When I have got the Market Replay working previously the replay files did not start at the start of the session but at other times of the day. How does one set up the Market Replay so that for the 19 Feb (for example) it starts recording data at the start of that session, for the instruments I want saving, & saves the data with the correct date.

May be this is just my ignorance with the way I should be setting up the Market Replay function, but hope you guys can point me in the right direction (as always).

thx in advance
    David

- please make sure you PC clock is set to your local time and syncronize it with the web
    - if you need to run your PC in a different timezone do this by changing the timezone, but leave your PC lock untouched (DON'T manually set it)
    - charts built from replay data may differ from chart built from historical data dependent on where you got both data sets from

Comment

thx for the response Dierk.
      one more question:

in your help video on Maret Replay it states that one should open up a new chart to view the data replay. as an alternative is it OK to just set up a new workspace - the reason I ask this is that I will want to simulataneously look at the YM, ES, TICK, TRIN - also there are a number of key support/resistance defined on the YM chart which would take a long time to redo on a new chart.

pls advise what the best option is here.

thx
      David

Comment

Just open up a new chart. Does not matter if in a new workspace or no.

Comment

Dierk
          What i am saying is i would rather not have to open up a new chart since I would have to do this for 5 charts & then manually modify key support/resistance levels on the YM chart to support my requirements..... hence the comment about creating a new workspace to replay the data.

???

thx
          David

Comment

Please proceed as suggested by the video and open up a new chart to avoid potential complications.

Comment

thx
              i presume if I keep the record data flag checked continuously a new data file will be created at the start (12:00am) of each new day?

thx
              David

Comment

Yes, if you disconnect. If you stay connected, data will make it to te same file.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by Shansen, 08-30-2019, 10:18 PM
                24 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post spwizard  
                Started by Max238, Today, 01:28 AM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post Max238