Loading previous orders for analysis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Loading previous orders for analysis

I'm looking for a way to import trades into Ninja Trader so that I can see NTs analysis on them. These are trades generated outside of Ninja Trader.

I have all useful information about each trade (order times, prices, etc).

Is this even possible?

Note for moderators: I put this post here because I'm aiming to use the Analyzer, and I wasn't sure which forum was best for this question. Sorry if I chose poorly.

Hello gbtpgh,

Welcome to the NinjaTrader Support Forums!

That question is fine to post on our Forums as others may have the same question as well.

You may manually add executions into NinjaTrader to be able to use for analyzing by first connected to a Data Provider by going to the Control Center -> File -> Connect (note that you can use the Kinetick - End of Day connection), then go to the Control Center -> Execution tab, right click inside of this window and select "Add". This will open up the "Add Execution" window where you can enter in the Trade information.

Here is a link to our Help Guide that has more information about "How to add an execution" that you may view as well.
    JCNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you! I may not have been completely clear in my first post (or I'm missing something in your reply)...

I'm trying to load a batch of historical trades (over 5000) into Ninja Trader so I can collect the analysis features. The trades range form 2008 to 2012. I have all of the information on the trades in a CSV file with detailed information such as:

Instrument traded,
      Price entered
      Time entered
      Time exited,
      Price exited,
      Side (buy/sell)
      and others...

I'm trying to discover a mass way to import those trades into Ninja Trader, either through some import method/function, or a pointer on how to do that via C# and the NinjaTrader API.

Did I mis-understand your answer, and it did show me how to do that? If you can point me deeper, I'd appreciate it. It seemed to me that you showed me how to add new trades for current market time processing.

Hope this is all clear. Thank you again.

Comment

Hello gbtpgh,

Thanks for clarifying that. I believe you understood my previous answer.

Mass adding Trade Executions into NinjaTrader would not be some that we can support, but if you would like to try to look into coding this; you may want to look into the Microsoft SQL as that is how NinjaTrader will store the Historical Trade data in the "NinjaTrader.sdf" database inside of (My) Documents -> NinjaTrader 7 -> db folder.

Happy to be of further assistance.
        JCNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
        47 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post aligator  
        Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
        0 responses