Live chart not working/updating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Live chart not working/updating

Hi there, i have an FXCM live account and having problems with EURNZD 60m chart. it is not loading live market data, just stuck at one point.

the other charts i have open are active with live data, but not the EURNZD. it has no
    A:
    B:
    in the chart trader. is there anything i can do in Ninjatrader, or is it FXCM side

Many thanks

Mark

i should add, i have to keep reloading historical data to get the last bar,, but it is not updating live.

Comment

Can you please tell me which version of NinjaTrader you are using, NT V7.0.1000.x? You can check this under Help--> About.

How many instruments do you have open currently? Please check all workspaces, charts and market analyzer windows.
      MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Hi matthew,

i have 4 charts open which includes the EURNZD. the others ( gbpusd, audjpy, eurgbp) are all updating real time. its just the EURNZD which does not update real time, i have to reload historical data

i have ninjatrader 7.0.1000.10(live)

Comment

Can you please update the current version of NT 7.0.1000.13 - once updated please reset your instruments to update the symbol mapping available.

To upgrade NinjaTrader, please follow these steps:
          • Locate and copy your license key, Under Control Center > Help > License Key
          • Control Center > Help > Download Site
          • Shut Down NinjaTrader
          • Paste yoru License Key in the License Key Field > Download
          • Download version, NinjaTrader 7.0.1000.X
          • Once downloaded, please launch the Installer by Double Clicking
          • After the installer has finished, you may start NinjaTrader

To reset your instruments please: go to the Tools menu, select the Options menu item, select the Data tab, and then click on 'Reset Instruments'.

Please let me know if you need further assistance.

Comment

Hi Matthew, i have updated ninjatrader to 13 and followed your instructions, still no EURNZD real time data, but others are working perfectly.

i tried to put a SIM trade on EURNZD to see if it did anything, came up with an error "Rejected: There is no market data available to drive the simulation engine"

any ideas?

many thanks

Comment

Please go to Tools--> Instrument Manager--> locate the EURNZD instrument and select "Edit".

From the Instrument Manager, click on the "Misc" tab--> Scroll down to the Symbol Map section and locate the FXCM row and ensure it says:

EUR/NZD

Then press OK.

If no changes are needed, your settings should be correct. If that is the case, are you sure your account has real-time access to this pair?

Comment

the settings are all correct.

yup, it was working yesterday. just not today!

if there is nothing to do in Ninjatrader, im assuming its FXCM side?

Comment

I'ts not clear at this point - I do not have any trouble accessing EURNZD on my end here. To be sure, can you email me your log and trace files? You can do this by going to Help--> Mail to support.

If that does not work, please email directly from your email client to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com

Comment

UK Stocks Data not flowing

I have UK stocks charts up that basically stop updating. I disconnect from TWS and reconnect then they update - then I go to SuperDom or Time & Sales and select a stock. Works fine -

Problem is that I notice that the charts stop updating, and when I change the UK Stock instrument on either the chart / SuperDom / Time & Sales - the new prices do not come up at all.

This is only a problem with UK Stocks, and has only recently become a problem... say since about a month. Help appreciated. I have checked the symbol mapping... and repaired the database a couple of times... with no effect.

Comment

everington_f,
                      Please send me your log and trace files so that I may look into what occurred to platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com.
                      You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Mail to Platform Support.
                      Please reference the following URL in the email body: http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...ad.php?t=57411

Comment

Chart Updating

See earlier in the thread the problem persists... US stocks update fine... European stocks plot the opening price only on the chart each day and then do not update. The only way around this is to disconnect and reconnect to TWS after the open each day which is clearly not a practical option. Why would US stock charts update and European not?
                        Regards and thx

Comment

everington_f,
                          I would recommend resetting your instruments to update your Master Instrument list.
                          To reset your instruments please follow the steps below.

Disconnect from your data feed: NinjaTrader Control Center> File> Disconnect> Select your data feed.
                          Reset your Instruments: NinjaTrader Control Center> Tools> Options> Data tab> Reset Instruments>OK.
                          Restart NinjaTrader> Connect (NinjaTrader Control Center> File> Connect> Select your connection.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by GussJ, 03-04-2020, 03:11 PM
                          16 responses
                          0 likes
                          Last Post Leafcutter  
                          Started by WHICKED, Today, 12:45 PM
                          2 responses
                          0 likes
                          Last Post WHICKED