windows 8 NT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

windows 8 NT

I have been usng windows 8 for a while, and needless to say it does not work well with nt

1.There have been times in sim mode using the super dom when I place in order by clicking on market, that even if I have 1 contract selected, two will be placed. It seems to have something to do with the mouse or windows 8 or nt. Also if I click on a video in you tube, sometimes the play/pause button will not respond

2.The charts in nt seem to be touchy. If a chart window touches the edge, it will expand to the whole screen, and getting it back to the intended size is a pain
    Also if you click on the chart it will bring up the indicator window, it did not do this in previous vista version

3.I have had workspaces get deleted numerous times even though I never deleted them and have to recreate them many times because of this

4.If I close a browser window, sometimes the chart under the browser will close out and I will have to recreate it

There have been other problems as well, but overall there is something wrong with windows 8 and or nt
    Last edited by Gregory Arkadin; 04-25-2013, 10:14 AM.

Hello Gregory Arkadin,

1. Using Windows 8 myself, I have not experience these problems but inside the SuperDOM did you press the Market Button twice? It may be possible it did not look like the first time it was hit because Windows was trying to catch up.

2. This is a feature inside of Windows that was introduced in Windows 7 as part of the new Aero and is used inside of Windows 8 as well. Here is a forum on Microsoft's website to be able to disable this feature if you wish.
    Find it on Q&A — the home for technical questions and answers at Microsoft. New to Q&A? See our get started article below.

3. Do you have a Anti-Virus software, File Monitoring software, or Automated Backup software installed on your machine?

4. Are you referring to closing an internet browser window?

Happy to be of further assistance.
    JCNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_JC View Post
      Hello Gregory Arkadin,

1. Using Windows 8 myself, I have not experience these problems but inside the SuperDOM did you press the Market Button twice? It may be possible it did not look like the first time it was hit because Windows was trying to catch up.

That's what happened, but I clicked it the way I normally do.....

2. This is a feature inside of Windows that was introduced in Windows 7 as part of the new Aero and is used inside of Windows 8 as well. Here is a forum on Microsoft's website to be able to disable this feature if you wish.
      Find it on Q&A — the home for technical questions and answers at Microsoft. New to Q&A? See our get started article below.

3. Do you have a Anti-Virus software, File Monitoring software, or Automated Backup software installed on your machine?

yes, antivirus (Norton) not sure about the rest

4. Are you referring to closing an internet browser window?

yes and then it closes the chart in nt

Happy to be of further assistance.
      .................................................. .......

Comment

Hello Gregory Arkadin,

1. You may want to wait a few seconds to ensure that your computer is not trying to process anything else to prevent multiple order from being placed.

3. In your Anti Virus software locate the option to add the My Documents ->NinjaTrader 7 folder to the Anti Virus Excluded directory list for the active file scanner or the resident shield/real-time protection shield.

4. This may be the Aero Shake feature which will not close the window but minimize it.

Find help and how-to articles for Windows operating systems. Get support for Windows and learn about installation, updates, privacy, security and more.

If you go down to the task bar and click on the NinjaTrader Icon, you should see a list of windows that are opened up inside of NinjaTrader do you see your chart there?
        JCNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Rapine Heihei, Today, 08:19 PM
        1 response
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
        Started by Rapine Heihei, Today, 08:25 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes