Daily net account value in backtest?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Daily net account value in backtest?

My strategy runs on about 80 instruments at a time, so I'm more interested in seeing combined results when testing changes to it. The output for combined results is pretty limited. Is there a simple way for me to find the end of day net account value (including open positions) during a backtest? i.e. if I start with $100k and there is a combined gain of $500 in a single day across all instruments, I'd expect to see a NAV of $100,500 for that day (minus commission). Then on the next day if there is a loss of $200, I'd expect to see a NAV of $100,300. In each of these cases it doesn't matter whether any trades were made since some positions are help open, I just want to see the net account value over time.

With that, I can calculate portfolio level metrics such as sharpe ratio (daily), beta, etc.

tbwerz, I would unfortunately not be aware of any property you could access here - unless a MultiSeires script would be employed, so all trades would be tracked by one Performance class instance.

Adding more support in this area is on our feedback list in product management, I'll make sure to add a vote on your behalf in as well.
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks, I was able to calculate this myself by using Bars.LastBarOfSession to log the value of each position at the end of each day to a central place, then aggregate the results to get total NAV.
      Last edited by tbwerz; 05-04-2013, 08:27 PM.

Comment

Ok, glad to hear and thanks for sharing the update.
        BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by wzgy0920, 04-20-2024, 06:09 PM
        2 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post wzgy0920  
        Started by wzgy0920, 02-22-2024, 01:11 AM
        5 responses
        0 likes