Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Kinetic EOD Free - still ETH or now RTH?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kinetic EOD Free - still ETH or now RTH?

Reason I ask, is because my daily charts do not look right at all.
    I have tried connecting only to kinetic EOD, but i still get very empty looking charts, with bars that are gapping miles all over the place.

My understanding was that Kinetic EOD would display the OHLC based on ETH, i.e. practically 24/5 for most major futures products on CME group. But this seemingly is not the case, they look like RTH to me.

Thanks if anyone can correct me on this, i may be just being totally stupid.

Hi,

Thank you for your post.

Based on my testing here, ETH data appears to be what is used. That said, if there's a specific instrument that you're seeing other behavior with I can further test.
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

thanks for the reply

my concerns are shown here (posted for another forum so the text may not be 100% appropriate for NT).

In focus here, is the GC Futures, CME.

Perhaps my understanding of Electronic Trading Hours is at fault... I understand it to mean what it says - if you can trade it electronically, it counts as ETH, and in the case of many CME products including gold, that practically means 23/5

Evidently that is not what is being shown in my charts tho.

I may just be confused still? Thanks in advance - hope the screenshot helps

Comment

Comment

Hello spearchew,

Thank you for the follow up, unfortunately I cannot view the submitted screenshot.

You can create/view an ETH session template within NinjaTrader for any specific Exchange from the Session Manager:
          • Control Center > Tools > Session Manager...

GC will use the Nymex Metals / Energy ETH session template.

Please let me know if this helps to resolve the situation or if I can provide any further assistance.
          Ryan L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Not sure why you cannot view the submitted screenshot.

On my end, I can see in my prior posts not only a link to the screenshot viewable online, but I have inserted the image also in to the body of my post.

This thread is pretty pointless without that screenshot.

Templates have nothing to do with daily charts in ninjatrader - the template has no bearing on what id displayed. That seems quite clear to me.

The ETH, as per CME website and NT, is what I assumed it was: (basically 24/5).

Yet this is clearly not what NT is displaying.

Comment

Hello spearchew,

I am now able to view the screenshot successfully.

When connecting to a data provider, you will be forced to use the session start and end times for that data provider on daily charts.

If the start and ending times that your data provider are not going to work for you then you can work around this for example, by creating a 1440 minute chart (1440 minutes in a day) and applying the session template that would apply to the start/end times for the instrument (Either an RTH or ETH session template)

Please let me know if this helps to resolve the situation or if I can provide any further assistance.
              Ryan L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by gemify, 11-11-2022, 11:52 AM
              6 responses
              2 likes
              Last Post ultls
              by ultls

Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 04:52 PM
              0 responses