Recognizing Existing Positions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recognizing Existing Positions

Hey guys, in real-time testing, I noticed that whenever you close NT and restart it - for example overnight, and you have existing positions open, then you reactivate a strategy, it fails to recognize the existing positions. How do you get it to recognize the existing positions?

Hello elitetradernyc,

Thank you for your post.

The Strategy will not recognize orders from a previous instance of the Strategy even if it is the same instance and you have only restart NinjaTrader.

You can however enable the Strategy to sync to the Account Position to avoid entering positions that are not desired, you will then need to manage the order/position from the previous session.
    For information on syncing the Account Position and the Strategy Position please visit the following link: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h..._positions.htm

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Comment

Originally posted by elitetradernyc View Post
      Hey guys, in real-time testing, I noticed that whenever you close NT and restart it - for example overnight, and you have existing positions open, then you reactivate a strategy, it fails to recognize the existing positions. How do you get it to recognize the existing positions?
      I am not sure what you are saying because after restart, when I enable my strategy, it always recognizes the positions that it itself created: it will not recognize positions created by any other strategy, or entered manually. Then again, it never recognizes positions created by any other strategy anyway.

IOW, if my strategy was long 2 contracts, when I reenable it, it shows me in a position of long 2 contracts. In fact, that is why when you try to restart while in a position, NT warns you and makes you confirm that you want to restart anyway.

Comment

Thats weird because for me, it does not seem to recognize them.

Comment

Guys, for overnight positions, would you recommend that we leave NT running and enabled throughout the night? What would be the best way to handle that?

Comment

Hello elitetradernyc,

Thank you for your post.

If you would like to ensure the strategy manages the positions and orders throughout the night then you will need to leave NinjaTrader running.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by bmarovets, Today, 06:33 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post bmarovets  
            Started by ETFVoyageur, Yesterday, 07:05 PM
            4 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post ETFVoyageur