Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Can you increase maximum number of open windows?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alright, well in any case it must be related to the indicators somehow if you are able to open up 400 charts. Maybe there is a memory leak somewhere in some of the indicators I have. For now I am living the limitations, so it's OK... thanks!

Comment

Time Frame

Just considering the content of this thread I was wondering what could lead to higher CPU consumption depending on the type of charts, that is if I have 50 charts with 5 minutes plots do I need more resources rather than 50 charts with 60 minutes plots?
      Thanks
      Smodato

Comment

Hello smodato,

Thanks for your post,

Yes, lower time frame charts will create more bars which will take more resources.
        Reducing the number of bars will increase performance. This can be done by lowering the days to load.
        Please see the Performance Tips section of our help guide for more information.
        BrandonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

That doesn't quite add up? so it's based on what one core can do in a processor? So you can have a server build computer and all the cores in the world won't help you because it's based on how much one core can do for speed???? Really!? if thats the case what the heck? build a liquid nitrogen processor lmao what good is that? well i'm looking to open a 1000 charts on a new computer on day so if anyone has gone over 500 charts with any kind of decent software that's pretty cpu intensive please share
          Last edited by Sousa'sVillaTrading; 11-03-2016, 11:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sousa'sVillaTrading View Post
            That doesn't quite add up? so it's based on what one core can do in a processor? So you can have a server build computer and all the cores in the world won't help you because it's based on how much one core can do for speed???? Really!? if thats the case what the heck? build a liquid nitrogen processor lmao what good is that? well i'm looking to open a 1000 charts on a new computer on day so if anyone has gone over 500 charts with any kind of decent software that's pretty cpu intensive please share
            Actually I think it's worse than that. In my experience, NT 7 crashes if you have more than 104 charts open... been that way for years across multiple installations for me in the past. I just discovered Sierra Chart, it is MUCH faster and utilitizes CPU resources a lot better. You can also open multiple instances of Sierra Chart on the same PC. If I had to open that many charts, I would try that.

Comment

Hello Sousa'sVillaTrading,
              Thanks for post.
              NinjaTrader 8 is able to take advantage of all your cores.
              I have done tests in the past running I believe as many charts as you mentioned without issue. However, what you load into them/ your settings will highly affect performance.

Comment

So just to be clear, for NT7, it just utilizes your one and only best core in the processor? your only as good as your best core? I'm thinking of building a strong server build computer with plenty of cores? will that be pointless for nt7? well i have lifetime with ninja trader live account so i think i can use nt8 for free, but will my precious nt7 software work on there??? if so perfect and i'll carry on

Comment

Hello Sousa'sVillaTrading,
                  Thanks for your reply.
                  NinjaTrader 7 does utilize multiple cores for some aspects but many things, such as charting, will all run on 1 thread.
                  Having many cores has little benefit for NinjaTrader 7.
                  You can have NinjaTrader 7 and 8 installed on the same system and you can continue to use both.

Comment

Just for future reference for anybody having the same issue. I found the cause and the solution to this type of problem:

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by f.saeidi, Today, 05:56 AM
                    1 response
                    0 likes
                    Last Post Jltarrau  
                    Started by Jltarrau, Today, 05:57 AM
                    0 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post Jltarrau