Problem with Kinetick feed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem with Kinetick feed

Hi, I've been having troubles for the past few days with Kinetick disconnecting and shutting down my strategies. Today it shut down less than one hour into the trading session. The connection apparently came back because I have full charts for the day, but my strategies were all left hanging with open positions because they were shut down.

For a while I thought it was a problem with my strategies, but noticed the Kinetick error in the trace log last night and then again tonight. so this problem could have been happening all week long.

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

Please send a note to Support [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com with "ATTN: Chris Jameson" in the subject line.

In the message, please include the following:
    1.) A link to this forum thread.
    2.) Your most current trace and log files.

You will find the file here: My Documents > NinjaTrader 7-> Trace > trace.YYYYMMDD.txt

Log file will be located by going to Documents->NinjaTrader 7->Log->log.YYYYMMDD.txt
    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

They're big files (55 and 13 mb). How do I send them?

Comment

Due to the size of the files please use the following 3rd party service to send the file.

WeTransfer is the simplest way to send your files around the world

• Press "Go"
        • Press "Add Files"
        • Browse to: (My) Documents - > NinjaTrader 7 -> trace then log
        • To: [email protected]
        Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Christopher,

Thanks, the files are on their way.

I forgot to mention. I'm running an old version of NT (April 2012). I was worried about upgrading the October release with all the caveats about Interactive Brokers, but I trust any problems have been resolved and plan on upgrading this weekend.

Comment

Hi Christopher,

I got your email and will upgrade to the latest release. Thank you and please let me know if the development guys find out anything else from the trace files.

Comment

Hi Christopher,
              I'm declaring this issue solved. There were 4 distinct problems, and 3 solutions:

Problems:
              1. Many Kinetick disconnects.
              2. After disconnecting, sometimes the strategy just disabled instead of waiting for a reconnect.
              3. Internal errors in the new release.
              4. Overfills when exiting at the end of the day.

Solutions:
              1. My Internet connection had degraded horribly. A simple reboot of the cable modem helped a little, and a service call from Time Warner brought it back to normal.
              2. I upgraded to the latest release of NinjaTrader. I was 2 releases out of date.
              3. Logic error in my strategy. It turns out that at the end of the day I was trying to get out with a market order, but my strategy kept trying to flip it back to a limit order every other tick. Sometimes both would get filled, which caused the overfills and also the internal errors. The internal errors only happened after moving to the new release, by the way, and there were exactly the same number of internal errors as overfills. I have not experienced the overfills or internal errors for 3 straight days since fixing the logic.

Thank you again, Christopher, for looking into this.

Comment

What is your cable modem model?

If you have a Motorola (or anything else modern), you should be able to view signal strength and logs, etc..

My motorola signal is here:

From what I've read online ---
                upstream over 50 = errors
                downstream is > +-10 would = errors

Originally posted by egan857 View Post
                Hi Christopher,
                I'm declaring this issue solved. There were 4 distinct problems, and 3 solutions:

Problems:
                1. Many Kinetick disconnects.
                2. After disconnecting, sometimes the strategy just disabled instead of waiting for a reconnect.
                3. Internal errors in the new release.
                4. Overfills when exiting at the end of the day.

Solutions:
                1. My Internet connection had degraded horribly. A simple reboot of the cable modem helped a little, and a service call from Time Warner brought it back to normal.
                2. I upgraded to the latest release of NinjaTrader. I was 2 releases out of date.
                3. Logic error in my strategy. It turns out that at the end of the day I was trying to get out with a market order, but my strategy kept trying to flip it back to a limit order every other tick. Sometimes both would get filled, which caused the overfills and also the internal errors. The internal errors only happened after moving to the new release, by the way, and there were exactly the same number of internal errors as overfills. I have not experienced the overfills or internal errors for 3 straight days since fixing the logic.

Thank you again, Christopher, for looking into this.

Comment

Hi sledge,

No, I don't have a Motorola modem. But, I did just find out about a website that tests your upload and download speeds in just a few seconds: http://www.speedtest.net

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by frslvr, 04-11-2024, 07:26 AM
                  9 responses
                  1 like
                  Last Post caryc123  
                  Started by rocketman7, Today, 09:41 AM
                  4 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post rocketman7