How much Historical fx with MB Trading?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How much Historical fx with MB Trading?

Can anyone tell me with some degree of certainty, how much minute data should I be able to download using an MB Trading account?

Originally posted by coolmoss View Post
    Can anyone tell me with some degree of certainty, how much minute data should I be able to download using an MB Trading account?
    So far, whenever I have tried, the answer has been "zero". Please let me know if I am doing something wrong.

Comment

Thanks Koga,

I gotta say, starting to get REALLY frustrated with the possiblity to trade spot forex. The brokers say something like "no data fees" (FXCM dude said exactly this during a BMT webinar a few weeks ago) yet NO broker that I've found so far has more than a handful of days of minute data. This is just stupid.

Is anyone running Ninja, trading spot forex, and somehow getting, say, 2 years or more, of minute data?

MB Trading has tick files to download of historical data, but no way to import into Ninja. Ah, just call me a tad exasperated.....

Comment

Originally posted by coolmoss View Post
        Thanks Koga,

I gotta say, starting to get REALLY frustrated with the possiblity to trade spot forex. The brokers say something like "no data fees" (FXCM dude said exactly this during a BMT webinar a few weeks ago) yet NO broker that I've found so far has more than a handful of days of minute data. This is just stupid.

Is anyone running Ninja, trading spot forex, and somehow getting, say, 2 years or more, of minute data?

MB Trading has tick files to download of historical data, but no way to import into Ninja. Ah, just call me a tad exasperated.....
        Really, MBT has tick data available? I did not even know that. I just kind of gave up on deveoloping for forex. So why cannot the MBT data be loaded into NT? Is it in a proprietary format? In which case, maybe they have a converter to convert the data into standard csv data?

Comment

As best I can tell, they have 3 years of tick data for about two dozen pairs. You have to have at least a demo account and you get at the data by logging into your account on the MB Trading web site.

Now, getting it into Ninja I don't know about. I'm not at all comfortable with configuring and changing text files. Also, Ninja only will import Ninja files and Metastock files, so somehow these files need to be changed. It's probably not a big deal for someone who knows what they're doing.

btw- MB Trading seems to have 6 months of minute data and 10 years of daily bars for fx, which downloads as historical chart data right from their servers to Ninja.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by Pattontje, Yesterday, 02:10 PM
          2 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post Pattontje  
          Started by flybuzz, 04-21-2024, 04:07 PM
          17 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post TradingLoss