Couple of questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Couple of questions

I have a couple of questions I could use some help with. Any insight would be greatly appreciated

I am using the strategy wizard to work on my current strategy and I was wondering if there was a way to simultaneously close one position and open another. For example, my strategy will hold a position until a condition is met and it will then exit the position and enter a new position in two separate orders. So if I am long 50k, it will sell to close 50k, then sell 50k short to open a new position. Sometimes this causes me to lose a potential pip on the opening of the new position. Is there a way, using the strategy wizard, to instead have the strategy do one transaction for 100k that closes the open 50k and then opens the 50k short?

Right now I am using a condition which uses if Unrealized P&L > $ do so and so. Is there a way for me to change that to Pips? If market price > Purchase price plus 2 pips then so and so?

Kspot, this would unfortunately not be possible via the wizard interface, as the Enter() method would automatically do the reverse for you and this would be 2 part, first closing the open position and then opening the new one. You could though work via coding in our unmanaged mode that would just submit the 'raw' order without the convenience of the managed mode.

BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for the reply, anyway to accomplish my second goal through strategy wizard?

Comment

Sorry, must have missed it - you could check for the Close being greater for example than your Position.AvgPrice + an offset in ticks/pips. This item would be found in the strategy subcategory in the wizard as well.
        BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
        3 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
        Started by jeronymite, 04-12-2024, 04:26 PM
        3 responses
        0 likes