X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time scale, full day view in advance?

Hello together,

I've two questions concerning the time scale in Charts:

Scenario: It's Monday 9am, the session just started.

a) With the arrow-right key it's possible to see the hours of the rest of the day in advance. Is it possible to make a chart setting that always shows the full day? Meaning: The chart time scale is set from let's say 9am to 3pm and gets filled with bars. TWS from IB has an option like this (see a chart time frame one day or two days etc. which gets populated by bars in real-time).

b) Let's say we want to see the full day time scale in advance and use the arrow-right key for it. I've an easy color indicator which marks for example the lunch time and sessions. Is it possible that this indicator shows it for the day in advance? Right now, it stops at the present bar and won't show the color for the future time. Or in other words: Is an indicator, although it's only based on the time and not on bars, only working till the present real-time bar or is it possible that it works for the future time? (e.g. showing the lunch time or breaking news moments of the day in advance that the trader is prepared.)

Thank you,

DR

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

1.) It is possible to display a chart in this way. The hours displayed in the chart will depend on the Session Template setting applied in the Data Series menu. You may view the hours of any Session Template by opening the Session Manager (Tools > Session Manager). More information about working with Session Templates is available here: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...on_manager.htm

The amount of historical data used in a chart is also selected within the Data Series menu using the 'Days to Load' property under 'Data'.

2.) It is not currently possible to plot an indicator in to the future, beyond the last real-time bar. I will forward this suggestion to our development staff and provide you with a tracking number for the request however.
    Last edited by NinjaTrader_Kyle; 05-08-2013, 08:19 PM.
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Kyle,

thank you for your quick reply.
      Is it considered as a new function in NT8 / has a tracking number?
      (the chart view as a daily chart, 2 day chart and so on)
      If not, I'd like to suggest it.

Thank you

Comment

Hello DR650,

I've updated my original post with additional information. We'll provide you with a tracking number for your suggestion in this thread as soon as that suggestion has been logged. Thank you!
        KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi DR650, with the drawing objects you could anchor them at a future DateTime (would only be meaningful on time based charts though) from your script to highlight the 'zones'.

Your option to always show the timescale for the session in advance and then populate would be tracked under id 2350, I've added a vote on your behalf just in. Thanks.
          BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by DR650 View Post
            Hello together,

a) With the arrow-right key it's possible to see the hours of the rest of the day in advance. Is it possible to make a chart setting that always shows the full day? Meaning: The chart time scale is set from let's say 9am to 3pm and gets filled with bars. TWS from IB has an option like this (see a chart time frame one day or two days etc. which gets populated by bars in real-time).

DR
            It is easier to use the mouse wheel if you have one

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by maybeimnotrader, Yesterday, 05:46 PM
            5 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
            Started by NRITV, Today, 01:15 PM
            0 responses