backtest error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

backtest error

I am using the Wizard for backtesting as I don't know coding. On a 15 min candle chart at the 9:45 EST (close time) bar I need to reference a signal on the previous trading day's chart at the bar close time of 4pm EST. My chart is of ES with all trading in the 24 hr period included. My manual count is that the reference bar is 67 bars back. So if I want to know if my Hull ma signal line was on a buy at that point then I assume the Condition for the Strategy is HMA(21)(67)>HMA(21)(66) and specify the Time as 16. However I'm not able to enable this to test it and I see the following message in the Log: Error on calling 'OnBarUpdate' method for strategy 'Hull1/9ec803fa4c514af1bf747ae949fba0d4': You are accessing an index with a value that is invalid since its out of range. I.E. accessing a series [barsAgo] with a value of 5 when there are only 4 bars on the chart......so I assume the problem is on the first date loaded on the chart where the Condition I set up is not able to look back to the previous day. How can I set the backtest to start a day or two after the chart begins? I couldn't figure out if there is a way to set the "Date value" to achieve this. Thanks

bkout, I would suggest retrying to enable your script with a higher BarsRequired set from the UI, for example 70 - so your referencing back on the first bars is covered by this check.
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

That did it! Thanks!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
      47 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post aligator  
      Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM