Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Signal appear only after I reload the script during the trading hours

Hi,

Encountered this problem in live trading using a customized strategy I developed. I enabled the live trading during trading hours and no signal was being generated. Out of curiosity, I reload the ninja script and it is then a signal appear which should have been triggered hours earlier. This happened for 2 consecutive days. Any idea what I might have done wrong?

Thanks

Hello lengguan,

Inside the Strategy tab of the Control Center, when you enable your strategy on the days that it did not execute what color was the cell that your Strategy Name was in?
    JCNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

It is yellow now. But I manually entered a trade as a replacement of the trade missed by the system. I can't exactly remember, but I thought it was green earlier.

Comment

Hello lengguan,

Thanks for the information. Typically, this will happen if your Strategy has a Historical Trade open. The Yellow highlighted "Strategy" cell indicates the strategy is in a Historical position and is waiting until it reaches a flat position to be in sync with the account position before fully starting. Below is a link to our help guide that you may view for more information about the Strategies tab.

You may change the real-time Strategy options to "Immediately submit live working historial orders" under Tools -> Options -> Strategy tab -> NinjaScript tab. Note that when using this option it is important to understand that the position of the strategy reported in the Strategies tab may not reflect the actual account-based position reported in the Accounts tab at the time the strategy is started. In this scenario, it is highly recommend that the account position be synced to the strategy position.

Comment

Hi, been doing monitoring this 2 days. The same problem occurred again today. The colour of the highlighted strategy cell that is running is green all the while. Only 1 trade was executed today. When I disabled the strategy and enabled it again, it showed that another earlier trade should have been executed as well. What could be causing this?

Thanks.

Comment

Hello lengguan,

Then your strategy may be processing Historical Data differently than Real-Time data.If you would like for me to take a quick look to see if there is anything I can see right away why this might be the case you can send a *toy NinjaScript file replicating this. You may either post it on the forum or send it to Support [at] NinjaTrader [dot] com with reference to this thread.

You can Export it as a Source File using the step from our Help Guide at the link below.

*Toy - basically a stripped down version of code that isn't necessarily the whole logic; making it easier to identify lines of code.
            Last edited by NinjaTrader_JC; 05-14-2013, 10:51 AM.

Comment

I have sent the source files to the support email. thanks.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
              47 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post aligator  
              Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post jaybedreamin