NT not loading properly, slowly, or not at all

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT not loading properly, slowly, or not at all

I'm using NT 64-bit 7.0.1000.13 and it's not loading properly or at all. And it has been loading slower and slower. Took 5 minutes the other day to come up and load the charts before I could go about connecting to ZenFire. When I try to load it, it looks like the image attached with smaller versions of the main module and charts across the bottom of my screen with nothing coming up .

Maybe I should uninstall and reinstall it. But I would like to save my historical trade information. Forgot what file that is and where it's located. Thanks.
    Attached Files

Hello bce111,

Can you please send me your log and trace files, so I can investigate. Log and trace files can be found at the following locations. Please attach them in the email and send it to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com. Put 'Att Jason, NT not loading properly, slowly, or not at all' in the subject header.

C:\-->Users-->*Windows user account*-->(My) Documents--> NinjaTrader 7--> Log--> log.20130510 for today. (log.yyyymmdd for any other date)

C:\-->Users-->*Windows user account*-->(My) Documents--> NinjaTrader 7--> Trace--> trace.20130510 for today. (trace.yyyymmdd for any other date)
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi, Jason

Hope you're having a good night/morning. I copied the NinjaTrader 7 folder from My Documents and then I uninstalled and reinstalled NT7. I'm wondering which files store the commissions per trade and the instrument list. And also is there one which has the Connection info for Zen-Fire? I already replaced the NinjaTrader.sdf file with the old one. I'll just rebuild the charts. Thanks.

Got to get back to bed here shortly.
      Last edited by bce111; 05-10-2013, 01:49 AM.

Comment

Can you please remove the log and trace files from the forum - they can contain sensitive information. Please send them to me by email.

Comment

Yeah I just thought of that too and sent you an email. Can you please tell me where the files I was wondering about are located? Thanks.

Comment

I have to get back to bed. I'll check back in later. When i just tried opening NT it took 30 seconds to load the splash screen and 3 minutes to bring up the Control Center. So that's way too slow. Haven't had these issues before. I'll check back in later. Thanks for your help.

Comment

Instrument lists are saved in the database file:

C:\-->Users-->*Windows user account*-->(My) Documents--> NinjaTrader 7-->db-->NinjaTrader.sdf

Commission and created connections are saved in the Config.xml file which can be found at:

C:\-->Users-->*Windows user account*-->(My) Documents--> NinjaTrader 7

Comment

Thanks. One thing I was wondering about is I have several old NinjaTrader 7 folders on my hard drive. Could it be that NT is going to those folders too and that's what's slowing it down?

I'll check back later. Thanks, Jason.

Comment

NinjaTrader only uses the "NinjaTrader 7" folder located in the (My) Documents folder.

I am not aware that additional "NinjaTrader 7" will slow down NinjaTrader.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by traderqz, Today, 09:44 AM
                  0 responses
                  1 view
                  0 likes
                  Last Post traderqz  
                  Started by rocketman7, Today, 09:41 AM
                  0 responses