Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

users of TWS 927.7 please help

Hi,

I have just bought NT and learned that the latest version of IB's TWS that can be used with NT is TWS 927.7. Thus I downgraded from TWS 938.1f to TWS 927.7 by using the link provided here by NT, but now several errors occur in TWS.

In order to find out if those errors are there in all TWS 927.7 installations (= general problem) or just in mine (maybe a problem due to the downgrading) I am looking for users of TWS 927.7 who are willing to help me by doing a quick check in their TWS.

All you need to do is pull up a chart and set up an entry order with an attached trailing stop order (no need to send, just prepare the orders). Then look at the chart where the red line for the trailing stop shows up.

You might be in for a SURPRISE!

I will attach screenshots that demonstrate the erronous behaviour of TWS 927.7 and the correct behaviour of TWS 938.1. Please leave feedback if you see similar errors on your TWS installation or not so I know if this just a problem on my PC (WIN 7 ULTIMATE, 64 bit).

Thanks all for your support!
    Attached Files

No replies?

Can't anybody help me out here? Maybe one of the moderators?

Please let me know if anything is unclear. It's really very simple and quick!!!

Thanks!

Comment

Hello NutFlush,

Are you able to reproduce the issue while running TWS alone or do you experience the issue only when NinjaTrader is connected to IB?

If the issue occurs while solely running TWS, I recommend to contact IB support for assistance.
      JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Jason,

thanks for your reply.

This problem occurs independently from whether or not NT is running.

The problem though is that IB tells me to use their latest version as it runs without those errors. Unfortunately NT doesn't "allow" me to upgrade. Actually NT is the reason I downgraded to 927.7 to begin with.

Since all NT users that run TWS should have the identical issues with the 927.7 version I was hoping if others could confirm or not if they encounter the same issues on their computer. If they DON'T have those problems then I would conclude that something is wrong with my installation. If this is a general problem related to the TWS version then I'd like to know if this behaviour of TWS causes any problems when using it to place and monitor trades in conjunction with NT.

I hope I could express the reason for this post.

Thanks for your help.

Comment

Since IB support acknowledged this issue in TWS 927, I assume others would run into it as well.

When possible, we update our supported version of IB’s Traders Work Station at regular intervals with each new NinjaTrader release. Due to the number of releases IB has, we may be behind their current release, simply because we may not update our platform at the same time they do. It is also important to note that we can only begin testing new versions of TWS once those releases have been publicly made available, this also contributes to the time required to update our supported version of TWS.

Comment

Jason, I'm sorry but you seem to miss my point:

IB doesn't acknowledge or deny that error. All they say is that if the error doesn't show up in the latest version then I should use it.

My point is, that I want to find out if maybe something went wrong on my computer during the process of downgrading to 927.7 or if the errors are inherent in TWS!

Somebody at NinjaTrader (you or developers) should have TWS 927.7 running, right? Can't you please check if you can duplicate the errors as shown in the screenshots? That would help me identify whether or not the errors are unique to my setup.

Thanks!

Comment

Sorry, I am not that familiar with TWS. Could you please provide me steps to submit such an order in TWS with a trailing stop. Do you experience the issue only in a live account or can you reproduce the issue in an IB demo account as well?

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by FrazMann, Today, 11:21 AM
              2 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post NinjaTrader_ChristopherJ  
              Started by rjbtrade1, 11-30-2023, 04:38 PM
              2 responses
              0 likes