IB for orders, CQG for Data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IB for orders, CQG for Data

My goal is to use IB as my order platform with CQG data. I have been using a free demo account with CQG data. I purchased a NT license for IB. Now I am having problems configuring the system properly.

Here is what I have tried:

I have the CQG demo license installed and data streaming normally (connected-CQG green light at bottom left).

I installed the IB TWS 927 version from the NT site.

I installed the IB license I purchased from NT. Now the connect dialog shows IB as a choice. The CQG feed reference has disappeared from both the connect and disconnect dialogs of the file menu but is still showing connected-green at the bottom of the control center.

I connect to IB and have two green indicators at the bottom. CQG at farthest left and IB just to the right of it. At this point, data is coming from CQG. (I can build 30-day tick charts).

So far so good.

I close NT saving the workspace and then reopen NT. No green lights at bottom. No reference to CQG in the connect or disconnect dialogs. IB is referenced as a connect option. Charts can not be built.

I connect to IB. Tick charts can not be built. 1-min charts back to April 12th can be built (~30 days). So this must be IB data.

Where did CQG go? It's not a choice after the IB license is installed

Am I trying to do something that can't be done?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

Please contact me by email at Support AT NinjaTrader DOT com. In your message, please include a link to this forum thread and a copy of your license key. You will find the license key in the Help > License Key menu.
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by Davide999, 05-18-2023, 03:55 AM
    4 responses
    1 like
    Last Post kcwasher  
    Started by Stanfillirenfro, Today, 07:23 AM
    2 responses
    0 likes