Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Email executions, etc

Hi,

I'm familiar with sendmail for emailing alerts from within a strategy. But what if I want to get email alerts on manually placed limit and stop orders? Alerts for when an execution occurs, or change in position, for example.

I can't see a way to do this, yet I'd think a lot people need these type of alerts. As far as I'm aware you can't access anything inside a strategy except the orders and positions the strategy created, so can't do it that way.

Any ideas? Or if Ninja can't do this, what are you guys doing to achieve this type of messaging?

Thanks.

Hello coolmoss,

Thank you for your post.

You are correct, there is currently no e-mail setup for manually placed orders.

I will forward this to our development team as a suggestion for possible implementation in a future release of NinjaTrader.

Comment

Originally posted by coolmoss View Post
      Hi,

I'm familiar with sendmail for emailing alerts from within a strategy. But what if I want to get email alerts on manually placed limit and stop orders? Alerts for when an execution occurs, or change in position, for example.

I can't see a way to do this, yet I'd think a lot people need these type of alerts. As far as I'm aware you can't access anything inside a strategy except the orders and positions the strategy created, so can't do it that way.

Any ideas? Or if Ninja can't do this, what are you guys doing to achieve this type of messaging?

Thanks.
      Do your mail alert processing in the OnExecution() event handler. Key off the state of the order and send out the necessary information.

Comment

Hi Koganam,

Not sure I follow you, as I'm not using any strategy. Are you saying there is a way to monitor non-strategy orders within a strategy?

Comment

Originally posted by coolmoss View Post
          Hi Koganam,

Not sure I follow you, as I'm not using any strategy. Are you saying there is a way to monitor non-strategy orders within a strategy?
          All orders can be accessed from OnExecution(), as it is the event handler that must be called by NT after every execution order. If you look in the NT Help. there is actually an example of how to use OnExecution() for non-specific orders.

Comment

Ah, gotcha. Thanks, that means I can just create an "alert strategy". Thanks much!

Comment

Hello coolmoss,

Thank you for your suggestion for alerts for manually placed orders. It has been inserted into our tracking system with the unique ID # 218.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by rocketman7, Today, 01:00 AM
              0 responses
              1 view
              0 likes
              Last Post rocketman7  
              Started by wzgy0920, 04-20-2024, 06:09 PM
              2 responses
              0 likes