Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chart unhandled exception errors

Hi again,

When I run more than one chart at a time (eg. different time frames, same market), after a while one goes blank with a big red cross and gives me an "unhandled exception error", with option to continue or close.

Is this normal? - I mean for running mutliple charts? Am I allowed to run multiple charts?

I have a copy of the details of the error message if required.

thanks,

Antraman

imported post

Hi Antraman,

Can you send over the details of the errormessage to [email protected]

Vince
    Vince B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

imported post

Done.

Comment

imported post

Not sure its related but had another problem with a third chart opened.

I am running a 10 tick, a 1 minute, and a 1 hour chart on the ES, and after almost 1 hour, on the 60min chart, a red line indicating a new day came up, and the chart started ticking along very fast, almost as though it was running in ticks, but the time at the bottom kept scrolling out at 0.00.

Then it did an unhandled exception error again.

The other two charts continued to run as normal...

thanks

Antraman

ps: I'm running a Sony Vaio 2.66GHz P4, with 1GB Ram, Radeon IGP 345M graphics card (64MB)and XP Pro SP2

Comment

imported post

I sent you a PM.

Comment

imported post

Issue is fixed with NT5R7.

Note: You need to resave all your chart templates (including the default one), since there was some "garbage data" saved with the templates which could throw off charts as they are opened.

Comment

imported post

Hi Dierk,

What file did I have to delete again? I have version 5.07 running but it did the exception error again. I think I installed the update before deleting the old folders...

thanks

Comment

imported post

<install>\charttemplates\*.xml

Comment

imported post

Uh ohhh!

That was not good.

I deleted all the files for the charts in charttemplates folder. When I tried to run NT5 after that, it paused for a while, gave me the installer window, and the blue bars crept slowly across until about midway then it gave an error that said

The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable.

Click OK to try again, or enter and alternate path to a folder containing the installation package NinjaTrader Install.msi

After clicking OK, another warning said

Installation Package for the NinjaTrader 5 cannot be found. Try again using a valid copy of NT Install.msi

I then uninstalled NT5 (and NT4) and deleted a remaining NT5 folder in programs.

I then downloaded the new version again from the Ninja webpage and ran the installer. It downloaded OK but when I ran the wizard it got halfway then gave me the following error message:

Exception occurred while initialising the installation.
                  System.IO.FileNotFoundException: File of assembally name NinjaTrader.Core.dll, or one of its dependencies was not found.

I tried downloading twice and got the same message.

Please help!!!

Antraman

Comment

imported post

Hmmm. This is getting complicated now.

I tried a fresh install on a machine that has not yet had a copy of NT on it. I had to install the .NET framework, but the Jet database and the the MDAC dll was already current with my version of XP.

I downloaded the Install.msi from the NT website, ran it and got halfway through the install wizard when it gave me the follwoing message:

"The cabinet file 'blah blah blah***' reqired for this installation is corrupt and cannot be used. THis could indicate a network error, an error reading from the CD ROm, or a problem with this package. "

*** Note: 'blah blah blah' is a bloody long string of numbers and text...

I suspect there is nothing wrong with my machines after all, and that it may be with the release on the website. Could that be correct?

I recall now that it did take a long time to download the msi installer...and I have a broadband connection.

cheers,

Antraman

Comment

imported post

Please check out this KB article on how to recover your installation: http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/a...b/questions/25

Comment

imported post

OK, I have NT5 working again. For thos who have similar troubles, the process on the link suggested below did not work. In fact I was left with a Ninja Trader 5 folder that when I clicked on, gave me a nasty wiondws message saying that the folder cannot be viewed. So I was left with a folder that shouldn't be there.

I tried a number of combinations of reinstalling/uninstalling/deleting which still did not work, so used the one good function XP is good for, a system restore.

So I ended up with a NT4 folder, and 2 NT 5 folders. I could remove NT4 and one copy of NT5 through Add/Remove programs, doing a restart between each step. Then the remaining copy of NT5 was actually the zip file the link below asked us to run. I deleted that, restarted and had what appeared to be a Ninja free system.

Installed now OK.

That doesn't explain the corrupted installation on my second meachine from last night which never had NT on it all. I am thinking there must have been a network problem last night between Oz and US.

Will try that now...

cheers,

Comment

imported post

Please make sure you only remove the files (!) <install>\charttemplates\*.xml and NOT the directory (!) <install>\charttemplates.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by mjairg, 07-20-2023, 11:57 PM
                          3 responses
                          1 like
                          Last Post PaulMohn  
                          Started by TheWhiteDragon, 01-21-2019, 12:44 PM
                          4 responses
                          0 likes
                          Last Post PaulMohn