Long Term strategy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Long Term strategy

Hi, say, if i want to use ninjatrader and IB for some long term trading strategy (example, trading horizon is 15 minutes to 30 days), from my understanding of ninjatrader, i have to keep my computer and network up virtually 24x7 ?

As, I believe, positions will be pretty messy if my ninjatrader got disconnected? Please advise the best practice/setup for trading horizon like that, thanks !

lawrence124, correct you would need to keep NT connected live so signals could be monitored and trade management by done if needed. You would only have a daily forced reconnect with TWS, after which strategies would need to be reenabled then - provided the historical position had not changed when you rerun the historical calculation part then no additional syncronize order should be needed.

Generally here are the scenarios users could run into though - http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...hlightsub=sync

To get around the daily reconnect, traders have used IB's Gateway connect option more recently. Officially we could not provide support for it, but from feedback received it appears to be working ok for them.
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by RookieTrader, Today, 09:37 AM
    3 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
    Started by kulwinder73, Today, 10:31 AM
    0 responses
    0 likes