Forex liive trading through IB: Doubt about quantity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forex liive trading through IB: Doubt about quantity

Hi Ninjas, I have a doubt about trading forex ( Cash , No futures ) through NT-IB (Interactivebrokers)

I have read this from your help guide:

"Running FX NinjaScript Strategies on a Live Brokerage Connection

Running an FX strategy on a live brokerage connection either in a live funded account or a simulation (Sim101) account order quantities will reflect the lot size convention that your brokerage trades in. For example, if your brokerage has a lot size of 1 that equals 100,000 units of the base currency (a "standard" lot) then use a value of 1 to trade 100,000 base units "

So, I did a trial using just the Sim01 account, and I've checked that executions are done just as programmed in my strategy, EnterLong(100000, "BUY"); so here my question:

If I'm trading EURUSD cash, no futures, and seeing what the system does with the Sim001 account, can I rely whenever I go live that orders will be executed the same, or will I have to set in quantity 1 ?

It's kind of confused this.

Thanks

Hello pstrusi,

Thank you for your post.

You will need to check with your broker to find out what lot size is represented by 1. If a standard lot size is 100,000 for your broker than use 100,000. If it is 1 than use 1.

This is something to discuss with your broker directly to ensure the correct order quantity is routed to the broker from NinjaTrader.
    Last edited by NinjaTrader_PatrickH; 05-13-2013, 01:36 PM.

Comment

The order quantity is sent as is in the script, by 100.000. The curious thing is my IB set is put in units of 100k but it didn't matter. I did this test 5 minutes ago to be sure.

Thanks anyway

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by zstheorist, Today, 07:52 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post zstheorist  
      Started by pmachiraju, 11-01-2023, 04:46 AM
      8 responses
      0 likes