Empty chart or a block of data is missing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Empty chart or a block of data is missing

I have this behaviour on daily basis. I open and close charts several times during the trading day and in some point of the day the new opened chart stops to load everything (minutes, ticks, ranges...). Some times it loses a part of the data for example the latest 6 hours and there is no way to get that hole be filled than reset everything. The only thing after closing the connection, resetting and fixing the db I have to restart the application + sometimes to build the whole workspace again. There is days when I dont see any problems but they will return in some point of the future.

This has been happening in different versions of NT in different computers/windows versions for a long time. I am quite sure NT has some kind of deeper logical or structual problem how it loads the chart. Bad programming in other ways.

Some times this is very annoying when you have open positions or other tight market situation going on. Pays real money for the trader. Not a very professional thing to happen.

Please put some kind of SIMPLE automatic recovery process to the application when the data does not load (timer to see if data does not come to the chart as requested) so the user dont have to reset anything or do the other tricks.
    Last edited by prosentti; 05-14-2013, 11:07 PM.

Hello,

Please contact me via email at Support AT NinjaTrader DOT com. In the message, please include a link to this forum thread and a copy of today's trace file.

The trace file is a diagnostic file that you will find in the Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Trace folder. I will need a copy of the 'trace.20130514.txt' file please.
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I will do this when the problem comes next time.
      Thanks for the quick reply.

Comment

I have contacted the support and this issue is under investigation.

I dont know how long this will take and I try to remember inform this board about the reasons and fix ups.

Meanwhile I can tell you that I got the instructions to delete cache directory and it seems this is a great help. It is the fastest way to do a fix because you dont even have to exit the application to get it work (error message will be received but just click it away).This does not remove the problem permanently but it helps.

"cache" directory can be found in "Documents\NinjaTrader 7\db" directory under your home directory.
        Last edited by prosentti; 05-17-2013, 01:32 AM.

Comment

I disabled the AVG Anti-Virus app and after this I have not received any problems for 3 days. It seems it is the AVG's Resident Shield which blocked the Ninjatrader to run properly. Now I enabled the AVG but configured the resident shield so that it will not shield the NT directory.

Lets see was this a fix for this problem.

If I won't come back it was !

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for the update.

We commonly see conflicts with AVG/Resident shield.

As long as you have setup the Resident Shield to exclude the following path:

C:\Users\<your profile name>\Documents\NinjaTrader 7*

You should not have any conflicts with this moving forward.

Detailed instructions from AVG can be reviewed below:

MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

I have the same problem, sometimes I get 3x this error in 10 min,very frustrating.I have avira and added to exceptions but the problem still occurs.Pls investigate

Comment

Rotter, disable/uninstall fully all anti virus applications. If the problem still exists you should look the other problems than this. But if the problem goes away then you should maybe consider an another anti virus application if the current one does not give you a change to configure it.
                Last edited by prosentti; 05-26-2013, 12:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by rotter View Post
                  I have the same problem, sometimes I get 3x this error in 10 min,very frustrating.I have avira and added to exceptions but the problem still occurs.Pls investigate
                  If the last users suggestion does not work, please email us at support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com and we'd be happy to set up a remote session with one of our techs to get this resolved for you.
                  MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by Mongo, Today, 11:05 AM
                  4 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post Mongo
                  by Mongo

Started by traderqz, Today, 12:06 AM
                  7 responses