Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT Stopped Working during Optimization

Hi Support -

I continue to receive the error below when running optimizations. I'm able to get some optimizations to work but most are crashing prior to completing. The error doesn't seem to be consistent in that NT seems to be crashing at different points in the optimization. The optimization will sometimes run for an hour and then crash or crash almost immediately after I start the optimization. I've tried completely removing NT from my system and re-installing but continue to experience crashes during optimization. Can you please assist? Also, I've tried a couple times to email support with trace and log files through Help within NT but NT freezes when it is sending the trace and log files. I've attached my most recent trace and log files to this post. Thanks for your help.

-Ryan

Description:
    Stopped working

Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
    Application Name: NinjaTrader.exe
    Application Version: 7.0.1000.13
    Application Timestamp: 517eb569
    Fault Module Name: mscorwks.dll
    Fault Module Version: 2.0.50727.5466
    Fault Module Timestamp: 503ef7aa
    Exception Code: c00000fd
    Exception Offset: 00000000002a9d84
    OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
    Locale ID: 1033
    Attached Files

Hello Ryan,

When I check the trace file, it does not list a crash of the software. Crashes are listed as:

2013-01-17 10:41:07:728 *************** unhandled exception trapped ***************

However the trace file does not reflect such a line. I do not see any other errors in the files either.

How much historical data is requested during the optimizations. Does it make a difference if you reduce the amount of historical data or the amount of optimization parameters?

Do you experience the issue if you optimize the SampleMACrossOver strategy? If not, could it be the issue occurs only for one specific strategy?
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Jason, thank you for your quick response!

The issue seems to be the amount of historical data that I'm using. I was using single tick data over the course of a year and when I change this to a higher tick value or minute data everything runs fine. I appreciate your help.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:10 AM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post Waxavi
      by Waxavi

Started by TradeForge, Today, 02:09 AM
      0 responses
      0 likes