Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Windows will not load on top of one another

Hi,

I get this problem now and again, more in recent weeks - Normally, when you click a window it comes to front, this would be normal behavior - Sometimes WinXP or Ninja is having an issue, and when clicking a window it still stays behind other windows (regardless of whether "always on top" is selected. It might be an internet explorer window in front, or email etc, thereīs just no way to bring a ninja window to front without restarting Ninja and Windows.

Having to restart Ninja and Windows, obviously a bit of a pain. When I say it has an "issue" everything functions normally, I just cant click any Ninja windows to front, I have to slide them across otherwise they remain blocked by other windows (or close the window which is blocking), even a ninja window might be obscuring another ninja window, say there is a 30m chart behind the 60m chart, I click on the 30m chart but it just will not come to front (neither would be set to "always on top" - I donīt use that feature at all).

Have you seen this before? Know what I can do about it?

Thanks.

Hello ScottieDog,

Thank you for your forum post.

In order to get a better idea of your situation, please let me know the following:

• What version of NinjaTrader are you using? You can check under Help -> About (Example: 7.0.1000.X)

Does this situation occur on all workspaces? If you launch NinjaTrader without your saved workspaces does this situation still occur?

Please take the following steps to force NinjaTrader to start without your saved workspace

* Shut down NinjaTrader
    * Navigate to (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 7\workspaces
    * Delete the file named "_Workspaces.XML".
    * After deleting this file, restart NinjaTrader which should startup without any workspaces.
    * Once NinjaTrader has started on just the control center, please open a new chart with no indicators or templates loaded and test for this situation.

I look forward to hearing if this helps to resolve the situation or if I can provide any further assistance.
    Ryan L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Did a fresh install of Ninja at the weekend, so I have the latest version 1000.13

It had the problem last week, and again after the fresh install.

It is an intermittent problem, so will check work-spaces next time it does it... expect this to be within the next 24 - 48 hours. Although re-starting Ninja does fix the issue, until it occurs again... which happens some time after a restart.

Thanks.

Comment

Didnīt think it would take too long to happen again, seems to be happening more frequently!

Just happened again, started a new workspace as soon as it happened, and it was doing it on the new workspace too.. it was also doing it on another existing workspace that I opened fresh... A restart will fix it, so pointless trying that, thatīs how I always fix it.

OK, I took a few screenshots of it in action, as you can see here, the 60min chart is selected and should be "to front"... but it isnt, the 30m wonīt let it get to front.. and theres a banding when I drag the window, see how the banding drags along when I drag the window along.
        Attached Files

Comment

Hello ScottieDog,

Thank you for the follow up.

From the screenshot and description it sounds like the situation may be caused by your video card or video card driver.

Do you experience this screen tearing in other applications or only NinjaTrader?

I can investigate this situation further with you. Please send a note to Support [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com with "ATTN: Ryan L." in the subject line.

In the message, please include the following:
          1.) A link to this forum thread.
          2.) Your latest trace file:
          You will find the trace file in the Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Trace folder.
          • The trace file will be named "trace.YYYYMMDD.txt"
          Ryan L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I donīt usually run other applications when ninja is running, i just opened 2 mozilla windows as the problem is showing itself, and those are obscuring each other in the same way.

This never happens when I am not running ninja, but yes, it seems its doing it across the computer.

Comment

Originally posted by ScottieDog View Post
              Didnīt think it would take too long to happen again, seems to be happening more frequently!

Just happened again, started a new workspace as soon as it happened, and it was doing it on the new workspace too.. it was also doing it on another existing workspace that I opened fresh... A restart will fix it, so pointless trying that, thatīs how I always fix it.

OK, I took a few screenshots of it in action, as you can see here, the 60min chart is selected and should be "to front"... but it isnt, the 30m wonīt let it get to front.. and theres a banding when I drag the window, see how the banding drags along when I drag the window along.
              1. Have you tried using Alt+Tab to cycle through the open windows?
              2. The drag artifacts point to a graphics subsystem issue. It is most likely to be a driver issue, but it could be hardware. Have you uninstalled and reinstalled your video drivers, making sure that the video drivers were completely uninstalled first? What video card do you have? Does if have adequate cooling if any. (i.e, if it uses a fan for cooling, is the fan stuck?)

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by Skifree, Today, 03:41 AM
              1 response
              0 likes
              Last Post Skifree
              by Skifree

Started by usazencort, Today, 01:16 AM
              0 responses
              1 view