Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NinjaTrader ShutDown - Open Order, No Stop Loss

Hello,

I just setup a strategy to run while I went out for a few minutes.

When I came back:
    - NinjaTrader v6 had closed.
    - I turned NinjaTrader back on, reconnected, and found an open order with no stop loss or take profit attached.

My system uses the wizard and has clear stop losses and take profits in place, there is no doubt about this. I never enter orders without them.

Moreover an hour before I tested the same strategy live and the orders were completely against the conditions of the indicators. I checked the wizard settings and the chart indicators again & again, thee was nothing wrong. In this latter event I edited the strategy while running it, so it may have been that after stopping the strategy, closing NT and starting the strategy it ran correctly.

This is all very irregular, and although demo trading on this occasion I've had a previous experience with live orders beyond my control. What can I do to just stop this kind of thing happening?

Thank you,
    Jeremy

I suspect that the strategy operated as per your code and set up. What you would need to do is check the Control Center log tab for any error messages. Then run the strategy against any of the real-time simulation options (Market Replay, Simulated Data Feed or real-time feed Sim101) and debug to see what is happening.
    RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Demo and Real NT

what is the diference between the free NT and paid NT beside being able to trade live,
      is the paid software more reliable as far as triggering trades,
      because I see sometimes the demo one does not pick up on all the signal that is triggard...
      and I have to restart the strategy all over then it picks up on the missed signals.
      Thanks,

Comment

Thanks Ray, will do.

Comment

kian1,

The "demo" and "live" are exactly the same. Difference is one can execute live and the other can't. If your strategy did truly trigger a condition you should see it regardless of which license key you are using. Please debug your strategy to pinpoint the exact issue.
          Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by Brevo, Today, 01:45 AM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post Brevo
          by Brevo

Started by aussugardefender, Today, 01:07 AM
          0 responses