rookie here needs help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rookie here needs help

i am new to ninjatrader platform and I am coming from thinkorswim. i've tried watching all the youtube videos but I am still confused about bid/ask. this is my plan for thinkorswim and I would like to use the same plan for ninjatrader. for /es futures, if i want to buy while it's going up, I click on ask and buy at market. then i hit the bid and i click it 4 ticks up. so basically when the bars go up 4 ticks, I make my money. how on earth do i do that on ninjatrader? it has buy market, sell market, buy bid, buy ask, sell bid, sell ask..i'm so confused I just want to do a simple trade. anybody help me here?

Hello zenfireuser,

Thank you for your post.

By the sound of it, this is somewhat similar to our ATM Strategies. Please see the following link for more information about ATM Strategies: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...m_strategy.htm
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

what if i want to do this manually? since I can't figure out the ATM method. if it's going up, do I just hit " buy ask". then I can right click on the screen and hit set stop limit and just move it to where I want? or that will not work?

Comment

Originally posted by zenfireuser View Post
        i am new to ninjatrader platform and I am coming from thinkorswim. i've tried watching all the youtube videos but I am still confused about bid/ask. this is my plan for thinkorswim and I would like to use the same plan for ninjatrader. for /es futures, if i want to buy while it's going up, I click on ask and buy at market. then i hit the bid and i click it 4 ticks up. so basically when the bars go up 4 ticks, I make my money. how on earth do i do that on ninjatrader? it has buy market, sell market, buy bid, buy ask, sell bid, sell ask..i'm so confused I just want to do a simple trade. anybody help me here?
        You do exactly the same thing using the DOM.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by koganam; 05-16-2013, 10:02 AM.

Comment

Hello zenfireuser,

Thanks for your reply.

If you are using the SuperDOM, to make a Buy Limit Order left click in the Buy column of the DOM below the current market price. To make a Sell Limit Order left click the Sell column of the DOM above the current market price.

Below is a link to a NinjaTrader YouTube video working with ATM Strategies. I am including this because I believe this will be very helpful to you.
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvLciOlWthY

Also, below I am giving the instructions for all of the ways of making orders within the SuperDOM.
          • To make an Buy Limit Order with the SuperDOM window left-click below the market price on the buy (left) side of the price ladder.
          • To make a Sell Limit Order left-click above the market price on the sell (right) side of the price ladder.
          • To make a Buy Stop Market Order hold the 'CTRL' key and middle-mouse-button click (click the mouse wheel) above the market price on the buy side of the price ladder.
          • To make a Sell Stop Market Order hold the 'CTRL' key and middle-mouse-button click below the market on the sell side of the price ladder.
          • To make a Buy Stop Limit Order middle-mouse-button click above the market price on the buy side of the price ladder. Optionally add any offset (amount of ticks from the stop you would like the limit placed) in the input field next to the checkmark button. Last click the checkmark button to place the order.
          • To make a Sell Stop Limit Order middle-mouse-button click below the market price on the sell side of the price ladder. Optionally add any offset in the input field next to the checkmark button. Last click the checkmark button to place the order.

Please let me know if this does not resolve your inquiry.
          Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

now i get it. Thanks!!!!!

Comment

On the ATM strategy I set up, I put Stop loss to 2 and Profit target to 4. So if I buy /es market at 1655....my stop lost should be at 1654.50...and my profit target should be at 1656. now when it gets to 1656, it doesn't get rid of it. it just sits there. why doesn't it sell and I make my money?

Comment

Hello zenfireuser,

Thank you for your reply.

After setting up the ATM strategy and after your entry order is filled, the stop loss and profit target will appear on your SuperDOM. The profit target will be green, the stop loss red.

What price levels are these the two orders sitting at?

I look forward to your reply.
                Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by TheWhiteDragon, 01-21-2019, 12:44 PM
                4 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post PaulMohn  
                Started by GLFX005, Today, 03:23 AM
                0 responses