Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Cancel all order and Flatten Everything command problems.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cancel all order and Flatten Everything command problems.

I placed a trade today using an ATM strategy. The targets were rejected because of a margin issue. So the position was open with no visible target and stop via chart trader. I ended up closing the position manually and I used the flatten everything and cancel all orders command to make sure I was flat with no open orders.

To my dismay an order was opened at the first trades ATM stop price when price reached that level. I did not place this order.

Why did the Cancel all orders command not work in this situation?

Thanks.

Hello mic.o8o,

Can you please send me your log and trace files so I can investigate. Go to Control Center-->Help-->Mail to Support in NinjaTrader. Put 'Att Jason, Cancel all order and Flatten Everything command problems.' in the subject field and enable 'Log and trace files'.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I understand the issue now. Thanks.

One question if I have a regular market order that is rejected not OCO no ATM strategy will I run into the same issues? Or are those orders simply rejected with no consequence?

Thanks.

Comment

It does not apply to market orders. They will be rejected with no consequence.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

because the software is screwed up. hahaha. It sucks. I use it and got clobbered with an OCO order that I could not cancel because I forgot to SWITCH OFF the OCO command. So it screws up your next non-OCO trade by locking you out. OR IF YOU TRADE OCO ON AN ACCOUNT WITHOUT ENOUGH MARGIN FOR OCO - IT FREEZES YOU OUT FROM CANCELLING THE TRADE OR FLATTENING. Which means if you're trading oil without a stop you're screwed. It'll wipe out your account. hahaha And they say call your broker to flatten the position. That's a joke! You're account could get wiped out in CL futures in seconds. This software is lame and irresponsible.

Comment

Hello oz bu,

Thank you for providing us with your feedback in this area. These items are listed on our disclaimer when you create a connection to CQG (#2 & #7) and apply to this technology

---------------------------
            CQG
            OCO Handling Disclaimer:

1) When cancelling orders, working orders within an OCO group will only be cancelled if any order of the group is cancelled directly within NinjaTrader. In all other scenarios these working orders will remain working.

2) An OCO group that has an order rejected will not cancel any remaining working orders in the group.

3) Order quantities of all working orders within an OCO group will be proportionately reduced upon a partial fill of any order in the group based off of original order quantity.

4) There will be an approximated 200ms delay between submission of strategy based stop and target orders.

5) The ‘one cancels other’ (OCO) functionality is only active if linked OCO orders are submitted within the same NinjaTrader session.

6) ATM and NinjaScript strategy features such as trailing stops remain client side.

7) OCO groups cannot reuse IDs from earlier in the trading day. Please be sure to use unique IDs for new OCO groups.
            OK
            Our development team is taking steps to improve handling of rejected orders in the next release of 7.0.1000.16 which we expect out in a few weeks. However please note that this will not change the native behavior of CQG OCO orders.

Please be aware that when using CQG native OCO handling, should an order in a group be rejected, the other order will remained active. Should you find yourself in this situation, it is your responsibility to work with the broker to manage the order.

You may always switch to local OOC simulation with your CQG connection options which will allow your OCO orders to be 100% managed by NinjaTrader and would work outside of the context of the disclaimer. However at that point, it will require that NinjaTrader is running and connected to your broker for the OCO order to be managed.
            MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by GussJ, 03-04-2020, 03:11 PM
            11 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post xiinteractive  
            Started by andrewtrades, Today, 04:57 PM
            1 response
            0 likes