Global CrossHair Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Global CrossHair Issue

I've been experiencing a strange issue with the global cross hair that hopefully someone can help me with. When the GCH is focused on the price panel of a chart as in the sample pic attached (left chart), other (but not all) charts produce a horizontal crosshair line in each of the indicator panels with the price of the instrument. It should only show up in the price panel as it is showing the price of the intstrument. (Note in this example on the right hand graph, the horizontal lines in the indicator panels are showing the price of the instrument, 95.80). I can't seem to figure out how to get rid of this issue. I'm sure I am over looking something. It doesn't seem to happen on all windows, and is not specific to any instrument or indicator. The only common trait is a window that has multiple indicator panels. Any ideas on how to get rid of these lines in the indicator panels. It makes reading them difficult especially when the size of the chart is reduced.
    Attached Files

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

I am not able to recreate the issue here. While the vertical line does show, no horizontal line appears.

Do you notice the same behavior in a newly created workspace? (File > Workspaces > New Workspace)
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Kyle,

Thanks for your reply. Yes, I have reproduced the same situation in a newly created workspace.

Comment

Hello,

In that case I'll need you to outline the indicator settings which are used in your test chart.

Comment

I've been trying to reduce the amount of variables to simplify the investigation. Here is another example with a different indicator (HSW - Hilbert Sine Wave) and MACD both with default settings. I also was able to reproduce on minute charts.
          Attached Files

Comment

Hi,

I appreciate that you're working to reduce the number of variables in the chart. It is by this path that we will ultimately uncover the underlying issue.

Would you see the same behavior with two instances of MACD (or any other default NinjaTrader indicator) or would the HSW indicator need to be included for the issue to take place.

Comment

Two instances of MACD does not reproduce the issue. It seems that maybe it is indicator specific, although I have 3 or 4 indicators that cause this issue to arise. They are all custom indicators from various sources.

Comment

Hi,

Would two instances of the HSW indicator you included allow the issue to occur?

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Kyle View Post
                  Hi,

Would two instances of the HSW indicator you included allow the issue to occur?
                  Yes, that is the case.

Comment

Hi,

The line appearing at zero may be part of the HSW indicator unless I'm mistaken. Could you please flip the chart to the standard cursor to confirm?

Comment

Yes, the line at zero is part of the HSW indicator. The horizontal line with the value 95.99 is not.

Comment

Hello,

Could you please save the example chart's settings as a template then provide me with a copy of the file?

To save the template:
                        Right click in the chart and select Templates > Save As.
                        Name the template TEST then click OK.

Next, please attach a copy of the file we've created - that file will be in the Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Templates > Chart folder and will be named 'TEST'.

Comment

When I try to upload the chart template to this thread, I receive an error message saying invalid file (xml). Is there a way around this or should I convert it to some other format?

Comment

Hello Taggart,

You can troubleshoot this by attempting to compress the file to a .zip:
                            • Right mouse click on the .xml file > "Add to Test.zip"
                            • After the compressed .zip file is created please attempt to upload this .zip file.

Another way to send the file would be to use services such as https://www.wetransfer.com/ or http://www.sendspace.com
                            Last edited by NinjaTrader_RyanL; 05-20-2013, 08:44 AM.
                            Ryan L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks. Looks like it worked.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Javierw.ok, Today, 04:12 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Javierw.ok