Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello Taggart,

Thank you for the template file.

As I test on my end, I am able to re-create the situation.

I will investigate this situation further and follow up with you on this thread.
    Ryan L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Taggart,

As I test on my end I can re-create this situation and it looks like this would be expected while using the Global Cross Hair.

The global cross hair is plotting a value relative to the X and Y values.

If you are using two instruments/indicators that have similar prices then you will see the global cross hair show up on each instrument/indicator even if they are different instruments/indicators
      Ryan L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

There is no need to see the instrument price in the indicator panel, the scales will often be quite different. Additionally this situation does not arise in the example mentioned earlier where two instances of MACD are run.

Comment

Here is another example where the global cross hair shows the price of the instrument in only two of the four indicator panels. Why does it happen on some panels and not others?
          Attached Files

Comment

I think I may have uncovered what could be the problem. The price of the instrument has an effect on this issue. I just switched to a different instrument where price is higher than than the indicator range. Here is the same chart setting but on a different instrument (TF) and there is no issue. Do you agree that a cross hair showing instrument price does not belong in an indicator panel? To me it behaves as expected on the TF but not on the CL.
            Attached Files

Comment

The cross hair is Aligning with the price on the Y Scale.

Your two top indicators scale is within the viewable range and similar to the CL prices, however the ADX and MACD are not. If you were to compress the scale on the ADX panel, you would also see the cross hair at 97.01

Thank you providing us your feedback on this area. We are looking at ways to improve the global cross hair feature and we will include your comments to our development team to consider as this feature is being reviewed.
              MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Would you agree that this functionality is not useful, especially since it is inconsistent across instruments. It is entirely dependent on the price of the instrument being within the indicator range as to whether it is visible or not.

Comment

I could understand how one would arrive at that conclusion. Thanks again for sharing your thoughts in this area.
                  MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by algospoke, Yesterday, 06:40 PM
                  2 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post algospoke  
                  Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
                  3 responses
                  0 likes