FXCM Order Quantity?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FXCM Order Quantity?

I am using FXCM to test some strategies under real account. The testing account is micro account, so one micro lot is 1000. I tried different format of order quantity and none of them generate real trades.
    Below are some of the format I tried, can anyone provide help?
    Format 1: EnterLong(DefaultQuantity, "");
    Format 2: EnterLong(1, "");
    Format 3: EnterLong(10000, "");

Please note that the same code generates real trades when I use other broker such as Gain. So there should not be any error with my code. The only difference is the format of quantity under FXCM.

Thanks!

Hello algoapi,

NinjaTrader will submit the order quantity that you have it set for. So if you would like to have it buy a mini lot of 1000. You may set it to "EnterLong(1000);" to be able to accomplish this. Here is a link to our Help Guide that goes over "Running FX Strategies" that you may view.

If your strategy is not generating any orders then something maybe preventing it from doing so. What color is your strategy when you enable it inside of the Strategies tab and how are you verifying that your condition is being hit?
    JCNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks JC, I will try your suggested format "EnterLong(1000);" and see what happens later, but just curious, Is this different from my tested format "EnterLong(10000, "");"?

The color was green when the code was enabled. The way I verify my condition being hit is that I had the same code enabled under Gain (the only difference is quantity format). Basically two sets of same code are running at the same time, one generated trades under Gain, the other get nothing under FXCM.

Thanks for any further advice.

Comment

Hello algoapi,

If the "EnterLong(1000);" still does not produce a order could, so I can look into this for you could you send me your log and trace files for today.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Mail to Support.

Please reference the following thread in the body of the email with "ATTN: JC".

Happy to be of further assistance.
        Last edited by NinjaTrader_JC; 05-21-2013, 01:31 PM.
        JCNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Ok I will do that, thanks JC

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by KenneGaray, Today, 03:48 AM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post KenneGaray  
          Started by thanajo, 05-04-2021, 02:11 AM