PnL lines not showing on ChartTrader

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PnL lines not showing on ChartTrader

In the image below you can see that I had an automated profitable trade however I expected to see the green PnL line connecting the entry and exit. I have captured my current Data Series settings as well.

I should perhaps mention that the trade was being run by a Strategy on another chart as I know that I can't put a Strategy on Chart Trader.

Am I missing a setting somewhere?
    The expected PnL line shows on the other chart

The reason I'm doing the Chart Trader chart also is because I have the impression that the trailing stop will move on the chart as the trade progresses -- is that correct?

Hello bkout,

This is because the "Green" profitable trade line is only going to appear on the chart with the "NinjaScript strategy" when the Strategy is enabled.

On any other charts you would only be able to view the TextAndMarker of the trades but the "Green" and "Red" lines to show profit and loss will only be drawn when the automated strategy is applied and enabled on that specific chart.
    JCNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

OK thanks -- how about the trailing stop on Chart Trader-- will it move? And there's no way to do that on the chart with the Strategy using the wizard right?

Comment

Hello bkout,

If you are using Chart Trader you may use an ATM Strategy that has a Trailing Stop that will move automatically while NinjaTrader is running yes.

Below I have provided a link to our Auto Trail section of our help guide along with a link to our recorded ATM Level I & II webinars.
        Auto Trail: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...auto_trail.htm
        ATM Level I: http://youtu.be/brVV7R2-16A
        ATM Level II: http://youtu.be/6LgnITSy1Eo

In the Strategy Wizard, you would not be able to setup using an ATM Strategy but you can still setup a Trailing Stop in the Stops and Targets screen of the Wizard. Here is a link to our Help Guide that goes over the different wizard screens.
        JCNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Is there anyway to join the entry & exit with a dotted line for trades taken with Chart Trader?
          I don't understand why this must be limited to trades taken with strategies.

Thanks.

Comment

Hello saturntd,

The function which is available by default is limited to automated strategies only at this time however you could likely accomplish your goal with manually placed orders using a custom indicator. If you are not a programmer yourself any of the NinjaScript consultants listed at this link could code the project at your direction: http://www.ninjatrader.com/partners....pt-Consultants
            KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I realize this is an old thread, but...I have an NT7 strategy that calls an ATM Strategy. Neither the TextAndMarker executions nor the profit/loss trade lines plot, even though they are enabled. However, my strategies that don't call an ATM Strategy plot them as expected. Is that normal behavior?

Comment

Hello ScorpioTravis,

Yes this is expected, ATM orders are not directly attached to your strategy, this would be similar to a manual order so the lines would not apply here.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
                JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by Jon17, Today, 04:33 PM
                0 responses
                1 view
                0 likes
                Last Post Jon17
                by Jon17

Started by Javierw.ok, Today, 04:12 PM