Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multiple time frames

Hi,
    I'm new to Ninja Trader and I am having trouble working out how to show different time frames of the same instrument. For example, if I wanted to show a daily, weekly and monthly chart of Apple how do you do that.

Hello pds1922,

You can create separate charts for each time frame. Please go to Control Center-->File-->New-->Chart to create a new chart. Set "Type" to your liking.

You could also add multiple time frames (data series) in one chart. Please see the link below under 'Working with multiple Data Series' for information.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
      Hello pds1922,

You can create separate charts for each time frame. Please go to Control Center-->File-->New-->Chart to create a new chart. Set "Type" to your liking.

You could also add multiple time frames (data series) in one chart. Please see the link below under 'Working with multiple Data Series' for information.
      http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...price_data.htm
      Hi Jason,
      Thanks for the quick reply. I may not have explained myself properly. I would like to get 3 charts up into the same window with different timeframes in each chart eg. daily, weekly and monthly and then be able to use the global crosshairs on these 3 charts. I would think these charts would need to be "linked" somehow for this to work. Cheers.

Peter Slade.

Comment

Hello Peter,

Please create three charts via Control Center-->File-->New-->Chart for the time frames you like. Subsequently select the Global Cross Hair in all three charts.

You can windowlink the charts, so if you change an instrument in one the chart, the others will change to that instruments as well. Please see the link below for more information.

Comment

Hello pds1922,

Thanks Jason, I finally worked it out. I have the 3 charts tiled horizontally, can they be tiled vertically?

Comment

Yes, you can resize the chart windows as any other window in Windows.

Comment

Hello pds1922,

Hi Jason,
              If you go to the link you just sent me "Linking Windows" the example there has the 2 windows side by side. When I do it I get the windows one on top of the other one. How do I get them side by side.

Comment

There is no function that lets you do this automatically, You will need to resize the chart windows manually so they will fit your monitor.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by wzgy0920, 04-20-2024, 06:09 PM
                2 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post wzgy0920  
                Started by wzgy0920, 02-22-2024, 01:11 AM
                5 responses
                0 likes