issue with two data providers for FX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

issue with two data providers for FX

I am using data from eSignal and IB, and they work fine individually. When I open a chart (EUR.USD, for example), and connect to eSignal, the the historical and live data will load from eSignal. If I connect to IB first, IB data will load. No problem there.

However, it forces me to choose one data provider even though forex data differs between an aggregated feed like eSignal's GTIS feed and IB's feed. If I would like to have two charts of EUR.USD open side by side, one getting data (live and historical) from eSignal, the other getting data from IB, how can I do that when NT insists on choosing the data provider for me?

I tried adding two new instruments, one with only eSignal's symbol (EUR A0-FX) in the symbol map, the other with only IB's symbol (EUR.USD). It lets me connect to eSignal and open a chart of EUR A0-FX, then connect to IB and open a new chart of EUR.USD. Both charts are open side by side. However, as soon as I connect to IB, the eSignal chart stops receiving data.

Thanks,
    Thor

Hello nThor,

Thank you for your post.

As you've outlined, the current version of NinjaTrader would use the first source of data for an instrument class as the primary source of data for all instruments of that type. In the current release of NinjaTrader, there is no work around by which the display could be broken up on a per-chart basis. This is something that we are working to adopt support for in future versions of the software however at this time the only way to accomplish your goal would be to use NinjaTrader on two seperate PC's - essentially one for each data feed.
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by wzgy0920, 02-22-2024, 01:11 AM
    5 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post wzgy0920  
    Started by wzgy0920, Yesterday, 09:53 PM
    2 responses
    0 likes