Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

How to interpret the info in Orders Tab?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to interpret the info in Orders Tab?

Dear Sir,

Has placed an order using an ATM. Basically, it has two order with stop level 5 ticks and 6 ticks below entry. For one of the order, the profit limit will be 5 ticks above entry, the other one will be 26 ticks above entry.

I enter by clicking with the mouse middle button for long at 93.93, The Order finally bought at 93.95, so the stop level will be 93.90 and 93.89. The profit limit will be 94.00 for one of the entry. Attached is the info in the oders tab.

In the 5th row of the order tab, I can see that I have buy two contract at 93.5. Why are there 4 sell orders. How to interpret the data? What's 93.79 and 93.69? Why can't I see the Profit Limit Order of 94:00?

Thanks.

Tiffany
    Attached Files

Hello Tiffany,

Because you had two stop losses and two profit targets. These are all sell orders because you were in a long position for 2 contracts.

93.79 is the fill price of your profit target orders. It shows the profit targets were modified so they filled at 93.79.

93.69 is the price of one of the stop losses.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Dear Sir,

The profit targets are set at 94.00 and 93.95 + 26 ticks. They are not modified to 93.79 which is below the entry price of 93.95. The stop loss are set to 93.90 and 93.89 .

Thanks.

Tiffany

Comment

Hello Tiffany,

Could it be you hit the Close button? This will modify your profit targets so they will close your position.

93.69 is the limit price of the stop loss. They are submitted at the prices you mention.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Dear Sir,

I have click the Close Button and both contracts are closed at 93.94 . What is 93.69? What do you mean by the limit price of the stop loss? The stop loss are set at 96.9 and 93.89 for the two contracts.

Thanks.

Tiffany

Comment

Originally posted by tiffanychan887 View Post
            Dear Sir,

I have click the Close Button and both contracts are closed at 93.94 . What is 93.69? What do you mean by the limit price of the stop loss? The stop loss are set at 96.9 and 93.89 for the two contracts.

Thanks.

Tiffany
            Using Market Replay, and while watching the DOM, click on "Close", while you are in a position. You will see that what NT does is to submit a exit Limit Order, well in advance of the market, thus forcing an immediate close at Market. A very efficient method of getting out of a market instantly; which is what hitting "Close" implies.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by geddyisodin, Yesterday, 05:20 AM
            7 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
            Started by gbourque, Today, 06:39 AM
            2 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post gbourque