about reverse position

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

about reverse position

well, with other platform i used such as sterling or IB's TWS, reverse position button means you reverse all your existing position while in NT7 i just notice it only close all your position but enter reverse position with a quantity of selected by Order qty column rather than the quantity you just hold, this is extremely inconvenient for volatile market trading. i just wonder whether there is a solution for this.

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

Currently this option is not available with the Reverse button however I have forwarded this to our development team as a suggestion on how we can improve the NinjaTrader platform. Once this suggestion has been input into our tracking system I will forward you the assigned ID number for tracking.
    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by futuretrader8
      thanks for the reply. i would like to write a script to use charttrader panel to access existing position and quantity. for existing position, i could access by using following script:
      MarketPosition myPosition;

try
      {
      myPosition = NinjaTrader.Cbi.Globals.Accounts[myAcctIndex].Positions.FindByInstrument(Instrument).MarketPosi tion;
      }
      catch (}
      and it works well, but how can i get my existing position quantity? can i access it by calling myPosition.Position.Quantity?
      If you get that working, you could probably add a button on the toolbar for easier access to starting the strategy.

Comment

is there any NT7 developer manual existing in NT7 developer community? if it does exist, how to access it? current NT7 help file is far from sufficient to use those unsupported stuff which is crucial to develop powerful script.

Comment

Originally posted by futuretrader8 View Post
          is there any NT7 developer manual existing in NT7 developer community? if it does exist, how to access it? current NT7 help file is far from sufficient to use those unsupported stuff which is crucial to develop powerful script.
          That is something of a contradiction in terms.

Unsupported functions are not documented precisely because they are not supported, and by definition, those functions are not supported because they are not documented.

There is no other programming manual for unsupported NinjaScript. On the other hand, there are quite a number of threads here and on BMT that document what folks have figured out on their own.

Actually, on this board, there is a thread devoted to such matters, and we even tell folks who post questions there about supported stuff to go elsewhere for answers.

ref: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...d.php?p=125906

Comment

i found the way to close position and submit new order in Cbi, but can't find the way to attach ATM strategy in submission of order(not the way in strategy, but using Cbi). anyone knows, especially from NT's support team, how to achieve this? many thanks.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by judysamnt7, 03-13-2023, 09:11 AM
            4 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post DynamicTest  
            Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 06:52 PM
            4 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post ScottWalsh