X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When is order sent to broker

Hello,

In my NT trace file I see the following 2 lines:

03:59:22:719 (RJO Pats) Cbi.Connection.ProcessEventArgs.OrderStatusEventAr gs: Order='1602287/U5900049' Name='' New state=PendingSubmit

03:59:22:948 (RJO Pats) Cbi.OrderStatusEventArgs.Process: Order='1602287/U5900049' Name='' New state=PendingSubmit

Could you please ask the Ninja development team which of the above 2 lines (that "both" contain the "pending submit" order state message) represents the exact time that the order is sent to broker? I need to know if my order was sent to my broker's server at 03:59:22:719 or 03:59:22:948 ?

My NT log file just says the order became pending submit at 03:55:22, so the log file does not help me to find the exact time to the nearest millisecond that the order state became "pending submit".

Thank you. Much appreciated.

Regards,

Rod
    Last edited by Rocket130713; 05-30-2013, 06:15 AM.

Rod,

The order is processed at 3:59:719, the status is updated at :948.

The processed time should give you an idea relative to when the order was transmitted and you can check with the broker to see what time it was received. The amount of time it takes between when the order is first processed and when it's actually transmitted will depend on how busy your CPU was at that time. Further more, other network processes such as anti-virus may delay the time between when it was booked in NinjaTrader and when it actually transmitted.

I guess the better question is when do you define the order as transmitted? When it's first booked in NinjaTrader, or when it's actually outside of your network? For the later, I'd advise doing some verbose network logging to see if you can pinpoint and match when the packet was actually sent.
    MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Hi Mathew, thank you for your reply.

I thought the time the order state was "updated" in the Ninja application was when Order State changed from Initialized to Pending Submit in the Ninja Log file which i worked out was at 3:59:719, is this correct? I also thought that the order was being processed by the ninja application at some time point in between when the order state was initialized and pending submit so this would be "before" 3:59:719, is this correct?

Why is there such a long time (229 ms) between when order is being processed and when order is updated? Also, when you say the word "updated" are you saying updated in the ninja platform or in the ninja logs?

My orders are taking around 500 ms to get filled, this is a very long time given that pings to my brokers server are around 113 ms at various times of the day and night. Given these ping times i was expecting my orders to get filled in say 150 ms. The difference between 500 ms and 150 ms is a big difference and that's why I'm getting far too much slippage, sometimes 10 ticks of slippage, which in turn is halving my returns per annum.
      Last edited by Rocket130713; 05-31-2013, 03:57 AM.

Comment

Rod,

We need to review your log and trace files in order to comment.

Comment

Hi Matthew, I just emailed you the ninja log and trace files you requested. Thank you. Much appreciated. Regards, Rod.

Comment

Thanks Rod! I'm sure we can get this sorted out for you.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by ZenCortexHurry, Today, 01:07 PM
            0 responses
            1 view
            0 likes
            Last Post ZenCortexHurry  
            Started by ZenCortexHurry, Today, 01:04 PM
            0 responses