Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Using daily bars with EFX/MB and NT with nightly disconnect issue?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using daily bars with EFX/MB and NT with nightly disconnect issue?

Good evening,

I was just wondering if anyone has experienced any charting issues with the nightly MB/EFX maintenance disconnect situation?

To my understanding EFX/MB does not offer backfill data, so since each night the EFX/MB server requires a restart of NT, would this affect my ability to retain a history of charts using daily bars?

Thanks. I'll clarify as much as possible if necessary.

Yes, we would need some clarity since NT does not support daily bars through MBT. You can only get tick and minute data to store in the local dbase.
    RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Come to think of it...Do you just have a daily chart open and are asking if the data is stored at shut down? If yes, I will need to get clarification since I don't recall at the top of my head.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Ray View Post
        Come to think of it...Do you just have a daily chart open and are asking if the data is stored at shut down? If yes, I will need to get clarification since I don't recall at the top of my head.
        Thanks for the response. I wasn't aware that one could not use daily bars for MBT. Is there any solution to be able to use daily bars for FX data?

Thanks again.

Comment

What I mean is that MBT does not have historical data for daily bars. You could aproximate daily bars by creating 244 minute bar charts.

Comment

Thanks Ray,

So will the previous data collected remain on the chart even if I do the nightly disconnect/reconnect procedure using the jury rigged daily charts using minute data?

Comment

Data will remain as long as you have it in the database.
              Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by Josh View Post
                Data will remain as long as you have it in the database.
                Thanks for the help.

Forgive my ignorance, but I'm new to NT...

As far as the database goes, is this something that is automatically recorded by NT? Is there a limit to the amount of data that will be recorded into the database?

Do I need to have a chart opened to collect the data from the broker, or does the database automatically record data from all available instruments, so long as NT is connected to the broker/feed?

Thanks.

Comment

Under Tools > Options > Data by default, store real-time data (something like that) ensures that as data is flowing into a chart, it will store this data in the database. It will only record data for instruments in a chart or in a Market Analyzer provided you have some indicator columns in it.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Ray View Post
                    Under Tools > Options > Data by default, store real-time data (something like that) ensures that as data is flowing into a chart, it will store this data in the database. It will only record data for instruments in a chart or in a Market Analyzer provided you have some indicator columns in it.
                    So if I set up a Market Analyzer, with, say a 14 period ATR on it, then it will automatically record the data for the instruments on the Market Analyzer list, and then later I can open a chart and NT will backfill charts with the data recorded thus far?

How far back will the database hold data? Is there a time limit on this? Does the database pick up where it left off if I were to close out NT over the weekend? How large of a database will NT allow to be built using the datafeed recording feature?

Thanks.
                    Last edited by Reaver; 02-24-2008, 08:17 PM.

Comment

>> NT will backfill charts with the data recorded thus far?
                      yes

>> Is there a time limit on this?
                      no

>> Does the database pick up where it left off if I were to close out NT over the weekend?
                      Yes, provided you are connected to a provider/broker which supports historical data. http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...ricalData.html

>> How large of a database will NT allow to be built using the datafeed recording feature?
                      Virtually unlimited.

I sugegts you just give it try to see how it works.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:10 AM
                      0 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post Waxavi
                      by Waxavi

Started by TradeForge, Today, 02:09 AM
                      0 responses
                      0 likes